Disembarkation

Would you be flying out of Barcelona? The terminal is not at all far to the airport and it's not a large airport so I would think so.  Plan to self-disembark with your luggage so you're off early and maybe just take a cab to the terminal. The Barcelona cruise port is tiny and the last time we disembarked (mid-May) it got really chaotic with workers overwhelmed.  Despite the confusion we still made it to the airport in ample time for our noon flight.

Great thanks yes just a flight from Barcelona into Manchester uk. I was hoping to be off at 9 at latest and straight to airport. By looking online though it says a self checkout you have to wait for a disembark time can you request an early time? Thanks again x 

1 hour ago, Nicola Mc said:

Great thanks yes just a flight from Barcelona into Manchester uk. I was hoping to be off at 9 at latest and straight to airport. By looking online though it says a self checkout you have to wait for a disembark time can you request an early time? Thanks again x 

If you carry your luggage off the ship, you are the first to leave.  They do try to divide the self-assist folks into groups, but on the Mariner, that was largely ignored.  Folks stared queuing up at 6 AM (while we patiently waited in our stateroom).

Air2Sea actually booked our Barcelona return flight at 10:30 AM (we arrive port 6 AM).  I questioned my agent about the early time and was told that Air2Sea wouldn't book a time we couldn't meet.  Fingers crossed....how bad could an extra day in Barcelona be if we miss our flight??