Bags

I'm having problems finding out how many bags we can EACH  bring and if there is any restrictions on size for checked or carry on. We are cruising Enchantment of the Seas, from Baltimore August 6th and are booked in an owners suite. Thanks in advance for your help 😊 🙏 

Lynn McKee 

1 hour ago, Lynn McKee said:

I'm having problems finding out how many bags we can EACH  bring and if there is any restrictions on size for checked or carry on. We are cruising Enchantment of the Seas, from Baltimore August 6th and are booked in an owners suite. Thanks in advance for your help 😊🙏 

Lynn McKee 

While there are no stated numbers, I did find this in my cruise documents for a recent cruise. We thought it was funny since we always tease my father in law that he brings too many clothes 🙂

for a 7N cruise we each pack in a “carry on” size bag and have no issues.  Last weekend we did a 3N cruise and packed in one carry on bag for the both of us.  

6108D7DA-6069-4BF0-A1F0-9103E663DE0E.jpeg

When I did a 4 night cruise I did a size that I could carry onto a plane and it fit all my clothes and a case of water.  Now for this cruise it is 7 nights and a family of 5, so clearly will need much more.  My concern is where to put the bags after we unpack.

21 minutes ago, IzzyB said:

When I did a 4 night cruise I did a size that I could carry onto a plane and it fit all my clothes and a case of water.  Now for this cruise it is 7 nights and a family of 5, so clearly will need much more.  My concern is where to put the bags after we unpack.

If they fit inside each other, that’s an option.  I was able to fit 2 large luggage and a garment bag into the closet (no clothes hung long and this was just a balcony room.  I’ve read of people using under the bed, I’ve never tried that.  I’ve also been able to fit a luggage next to the sofa and closet….which works well only if the sofa is next to the closet!

1 hour ago, Pattycruise said:

If they fit inside each other, that’s an option.  I was able to fit 2 large luggage and a garment bag into the closet (no clothes hung long and this was just a balcony room.  I’ve read of people using under the bed, I’ve never tried that.  I’ve also been able to fit a luggage next to the sofa and closet….which works well only if the sofa is next to the closet!

We have two large and two small bags.  The small fit into the large.  We will need one large for sure as it will have the snorkel/beach stuff in it.  I am thinking the Garment bag  will be in that one larger bag with all our dresses, then the two small we will use for the rest of the clothes.  In normal hotels we have all 4 with no issues, but clearly cruise ship balcony rooms are much smaller lol

2 hours ago, Allen2 said:

Depending on cruise length, we have various-sized bags. ALL these bags have fit under the bed on all cruises (may have to "collapse" expandable luggage).

Exactly!  Under the bed is the place to keep your luggage.
 @Lynn McKee and @IzzyB As far as needing multiple suitcases, customizing outfits to mix and match is also an option for keeping the clothes to a minimum and the same for shoes!  I was notorious for being an over packer but after a few times of bringing home more clean clothes than dirty (!!!) my packing is now much more simple!

For our 8 day cruise for 2 we will take 1 25” and 1 21” bag with a small carry on (very small duffle).  Neither bag will have the extenders open.  I am not a fashionista and don’t need multiple outfits for EACH day.  I do the mix & match thing, bring no more than 3 pair of neutral shoes, two of which are nice flip flops, that match everything and rewear things.  I can wear a dress on day 2 and again on day 5.  I don’t think anyone is monitoring my outfits.

7 hours ago, IzzyB said:

We have two large and two small bags.  The small fit into the large.  We will need one large for sure as it will have the snorkel/beach stuff in it.  I am thinking the Garment bag  will be in that one larger bag with all our dresses, then the two small we will use for the rest of the clothes.  In normal hotels we have all 4 with no issues, but clearly cruise ship balcony rooms are much smaller lol

I am assuming since we have a suite there will be room somewhere to store the bags.  That wasn't even in my head when I posted it, but now I will worry about it  LOL

10 minutes ago, Pooch said:

For our 8 day cruise for 2 we will take 1 25” and 1 21” bag with a small carry on (very small ruffle).  Neither bag will have the extenders open.  I am not a fashionista and don’t need multiple outfits for EACH day.  I do the mix & match, bring no more than 3 pair of neutral shoes that match everything and rewear things.  I can wear a dress on day 2 and again on day 5.  I don’t think anyone is monitoring my outfits.

To each their own, I want to bring a choice of outfits you do what you want and I will do the same 🙂 It won't end up being  more than a bag and a garment bag.  I also have a couple things due to mobility issues that I have to bring

11 hours ago, Lynn McKee said:

I'm having problems finding out how many bags we can EACH  bring and if there is any restrictions on size for checked or carry on. We are cruising Enchantment of the Seas, from Baltimore August 6th and are booked in an owners suite. Thanks in advance for your help 😊🙏 

Lynn McKee 

Thanks everyone, that answers my question.

10 minutes ago, Pooch said:

The spice of life!  My daughter is more like you and my mother, God rest her soul, had to have shoes, hat, handbag & jewelry for every outfit!!.  I just never got what I call the girly gene.  Maybe it skips a generation?

I have a very cool, old, Samonite hat bag  LOL One of those big round ones, its green.  I am thinking I will give my hub a break and not make him load/carry 3 bags for me  LOL  Not to mention I think anything other than a sun hat( I have a crushable one) would be too hot in August. In case you're interested I have a leopard fedora, a leopard pill box hat, this awesome big tall feather cap, a black feather spectator and a new leather cowboy hat I just bought.  I SO channel my grandmother and that era.  I am 63 so that's a long time ago  LOL  Thanks again  !!!

I always laugh at how many bags, that means you know it might be too many🤣

I usually only have one 22/20in carry-on and a backpack. I am not a girly girl, but I do wear a lot of dresses. Never have owned a pair of heels in my life and have worn make-up once. I mix and match all my clothes, bring 3 pairs of shoes in total. Got through 17 days of cruising (21 days of vacation in total) this past Jan with just a 22in bag and backpack. I brought a cool, open sun hat that rolls up and then can be configured to fit different heads and hairstyles. As a mostly solo traveler, I learned the hard way not to bring what I can't carry. 

15 hours ago, Lynn McKee said:

Lynn McKee 

When we sailed from Baltimore we took a carry-on plus one large suitcase each AND one extra bag with snorkel equipment.  So 4 "checked" bags for a family of 3. Other posts have given you the policy.

11 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Exactly!  Under the bed is the place to keep your luggage.
 @Lynn McKee and @IzzyB As far as needing multiple suitcases, customizing outfits to mix and match is also an option for keeping the clothes to a minimum and the same for shoes!  I was notorious for being an over packer but after a few times of bringing home more clean clothes than dirty (!!!) my packing is now much more simple!

I do plan on just a couple shorts, a shirt for each day, a couple dresses (for formal and other dinner), and only needed shoes as all my shoes are neutral.  But my one daughter is very girly and wants a fancy dress every night for dinner, so that is not going to help my packing lol