b2b question

How would we best logistically handle this situation? 

My mom is booked solo on a 4 night cruise.

My son, my wife, and I want to join for the 4 night cruise AND also the 3 night cruise immediately before.

We're thinking it would be best to book one of us as the additional guest in my mom's room for the 4 nighter, which would require us to call and get added to the reservation.  Then separately, we'd book the 3 night cruise for three people and the 4 night cruise for two people. 

In this scenario, would the ship recognize that all three of us are back to back guests or would the one joining my mom's room have to disembark and re-check in. 

28 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

They, the manifest, should recognize you as back-to-back regardless of when and how you book. I believe all B2B guess have to disembark and re-check-in so this is a moot point. 

sure, that makes sense, thank you.  I think the disembark / re-board question is mostly in terms of whether the one booked in my mom's room would be able to reboard early or would have to wait for my mom's check in time.

9 minutes ago, terpcruiser said:

sure, that makes sense, thank you.  I think the disembark / re-board question is mostly in terms of whether the one booked in my mom's room would be able to reboard early or would have to wait for my mom's check in time.

They will be treated as a B2B and get to reboard no matter when your mother boards. You can board as individuals on the same reservation as long as there are no minors trying to board without an adult.

Adding one of your party to your mom's room will almost certainly cause them to reprice that cruise.  Depending on when (how long ago) she booked, that could cause a significant change.  Be sure to compare the total cost of both versions for the 4 night cruise:

• Leave mom's room alone and book 3 in a new cabin.
  • Add one to mom's room and book 2 in a new cabin.

Remember, you can change the sleeping arrangements on board by getting extra room keys.  So book the cruises whichever way makes the most sense financially.