Sailing being cancelled

When Royal Caribbean cancels your sailing do they provide other options for you or do they just give you your money back? If they cancel your sailing and give you options, do they pick an itinerary with similar features - like port of departure or dates?

For example, we are scheduled to be sailing on Brilliance OTS in October 2023. It is no longer listed on the website and I am not feeling optimistic about it actually sailing since its been weeks without it showing on the website. I am wondering if we will get options if they do indeed cancel our cruise. The only other one that has a similar itinerary is Odyssey, which also leaves out of Rome, visits Turkey and Santorini and is only 6 days before our current sailing. I wouldn't mind this change at all, but there is one that is a round trip from Venice that I would not be as happy with.

41 minutes ago, ClockingOut said:

When Royal Caribbean cancels your sailing do they provide other options for you or do they just give you your money back? If they cancel your sailing and give you options, do they pick an itinerary with similar features - like port of departure or dates?

For example, we are scheduled to be sailing on Brilliance OTS in October 2023. It is no longer listed on the website and I am not feeling optimistic about it actually sailing since its been weeks without it showing on the website. I am wondering if we will get options if they do indeed cancel our cruise. The only other one that has a similar itinerary is Odyssey, which also leaves out of Rome, visits Turkey and Santorini and is only 6 days before our current sailing. I wouldn't mind this change at all, but there is one that is a round trip from Venice that I would not be as happy with.

We use a Travel Agent who finds out what the options are.  When our February cruise was cancelled, we opted for the 25% extra FCC.  However, in retrospect, we'd have done better taking the refund and then rebooking.  

16 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

We use a Travel Agent who finds out what the options are.  When our February cruise was cancelled, we opted for the 25% extra FCC.  However, in retrospect, we'd have done better taking the refund and then rebooking.  

Unfortunately, we are unable to use a TA since our cruise was booked over 30 days ago.

3 hours ago, Summer Bee Sweet said:

Nothing for Brilliance on a full ship charter yet. The ship may have a large group and sold out. I’ve been on board with some large groups and they didn’t negatively effect our cruise

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/full-cruise-ship-charters.html

All of Brilliance OTS sailings from May 2023-End of November23 have been removed from website, not just one sailing. My cruise in early November still

shows in the cruise planner. My TA has not been able to get an answer from Royal as to the reason for the Med season removal from the web site at this time.

Still holding out hope.

We just had this experience today. Voyager, May 6, 2023, cancelled to move to TX.  We were given the choice of 3 different weeks on Harmony, price-protected, and a $200 shipboard credit.  This was an $1100 savings over the current price of a JS on Harmony so we are content. The only down side is sailing from Miami instead of FLL.

Other choices were to rebook another sailing, no shipboard credit; or refund, no shipboard credit. 

On 7/27/2022 at 9:03 AM, ClockingOut said:

did you not get an email about this change?  it explains options in the email.