Spain covid entry requirements?

togo

I am confused.  Can anyone explain the current covid entry requirements to enter Spain?  I am vaxxed but not boosted in the last 9 months.  The way i now read it is i would be considered unvaxxed but if iprovide a negative test prior to entry i may be good?

thanks

Not sure where you come from as rules may differ by country so here's the link for spanish website 

https://www.spth.gob.es/

Side note for any UK citizens planning to head to Barcelona for a cruise, not sure if its been fully implemented yet but Spanish government are pushing forward with plans to ensure brits have a minimum of £85 per day for the duration of your stay. 

A friend got finances checked on entry to Ibiza last week.

5 hours ago, togo said:

I am confused.  Can anyone explain the current covid entry requirements to enter Spain?  I am vaxxed but not boosted in the last 9 months.  The way i now read it is i would be considered unvaxxed but if iprovide a negative test prior to entry i may be good?

thanks

Also look at the registration process Spain is requiring.  At the Royal website, there is a link buried in the text.

Travel Safe. Spain - Travel Safe in english

5 hours ago, togo said:

coming from the US

I am in the process of getting ready to travel to Spain from the US.

Tonight I was able to do a required form since I am within a 72 hour departure to Spain.
Follow this link for your QR code. You will need your passport and your vax card.  If you are traveling with other people do a "family form" and you can add everyone on your own. I was essentially Passenger "0" since the form is under me and my spouse is passenger #1.  (confusing, but it's true).

https://spth.gob.es/

By having the QR code I was able to add it to the Verifly app......according to my airline (American Airlines) I can do this Verifly and it will be useful at the airport. 
For Verifly app I had to take a photo (just like the Royal App) and I chose to TYPE IN my vax info (free of charge ) or you could opt to PAY $ to upload your card.....I still had to upload my card for my manual entry and am now awaiting verification.  (I had done mine a while ago, and now hubby needs his verified to complete this Verifly thing)
So, if you choose to do Verifly (if your airline/airport allows it) you need
Photo
Vax review (manually enter if you don't want to pay $)  (I just checked and hubbys was verified within 3 hours)
Travel Authorization, which will be a scan of the QR code from the above Spain website 
"Before you go" which is a verification that you are who you say you are, that you have a negative Covid Test result, That you did the Spain Travel Authorization form and have a digital or printed copy and that no one has covid symptoms.

Truthfully, I have read, reread the requirements and am not clear on the testing piece to get into Spain (if there is one-Verifly indicates I need one)  .  I do know I am testing the day I leave the US because it will meet my requirements for my Celebrity Cruise, so I know I can answer the Verifly App (suggested by American Airlines).

Of course, regardless of whatever paperwork I enter into any app or website I will have my original vax card,  printouts (or screenshots) of test reults and QR code for Spain  as additional proof.

Not sure about in US but over this side of the pond All verifly app does is allow you to check in so you can pick your seat! Thats it!!!

At airport you will still need to show all documentation.

I saved myself the hassle and just checked in at Airport, think BA must have binned verifly as last couple of flights no mention of it. 

I'd get the booster if you want to travel to Spain.

"U.S. citizens can travel from the United States to Spain if they show that they are vaccinated  against COVID-19, or have a recovery certificate , or show a negative diagnostic test result  (NAAT or RAT) performed either within 72hours prior to departure to Spain for a NAAT (e.g. – PCR test) or within 24 hours prior to departure to Spain for a RAT (e.g. – rapid antigen test).

Minors up to 12 years of age do not have to show proof "of vaccination, a recovery certificate, or a negative COVID test.

Vaccines are valid from 14 days after the last dose up to 270 days. If more than 270 days (9 months) have passed since receiving the last required dose of their COVID-19 vaccine, U.S. citizens must show proof of having received a booster shot. The booster shot certificate is valid since the day it was administered."