xSAILEDx Odyssey of the Seas - Oct 19, 2022 - Oct 31, 2022 (12 Night Holy Land Cruise)

Hi all! This is Allie with Royal Caribbean Blog. I will be sailing on this itinerary with my parents and sister, Angie - who also works for RCB as a Social Media Manager. We are looking forward to meeting everyone!! 

Didn't see any threads for our voyage, so getting one started. 

Less than 3 months away! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2022 at 7:57 PM, Allie Hubers said:

Hi all! This is Allie with Royal Caribbean Blog. I will be sailing on this itinerary with my parents and sister, Angie - who also works for RCB as a Social Media Manager. We are looking forward to meeting everyone!! 

Didn't see any threads for our voyage, so getting one started. 

Less than 3 months away! 

1 month countdown starts!  S**t just got real...

4 hours ago, Squid said:

1 month countdown starts!  S**t just got real...

If you’re on Facebook, go join the October 7 Holy Land group to give you a good idea as to what to expect. You can also join the August 30 group as they were the first ones to do Holy Land on odyssey. 

I’m on October 7 and I’ve learned a lot from the August 30 group. 

For example: first day in Israel it will take awhile to disembark as everyone has to do a face to face immigration clearance. August 30 people said it took some almost 3 hours before they could get off. 

Santorini: check to see how many other ships are in port when you are. If 3 or more consider getting an excursion through Royal as you’ll have priority tender. It got very tense with the august group as there were 6 ships in port and the crowds for the cable cars became a pushing/shoving/cursing melee 

I went ahead and bought the cheapest available excursion in Santorini as we have 4 in port that day

Hello Allie (and fellow cruisers),

My girlfriend (32F) and I (30M) will be on this sailing. We are so excited! This will be our first cruise since the pandemic.

We felt adventurous, thus we booked a car for the overnight stay in Ashdod Israel.

As Canadians, we’ll opt for in person testing at a local pharmacy the day we are flying in. This is by far the most stressful thing on my mind right now. Hoping we won’t catch Covid.

How are preparations going for you all?

Cheers 🙂

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Odyssey of the Seas - Oct 19, 2022 - Oct 31, 2022 (12 Night Holy Land Cruise)

I’m on the holy land cruise right now. HIGHLY suggest a small private tour for Jerusalem. We used Guided Tours Israel for all 3 days in Israel and it was wonderful! Royal excursions I heard were rushed and had 50-60 people on them. 

Ask away if you have questions. Weather has been beautiful! Sitting on pool deck now in the warm sun! 

10 hours ago, Squid said:

Jill, what forms did you need to show for Covid?  Just the test result ?

We still had to do a proctored test although 2 hours AFTER we did ours, Royal sent email saying self test were allowed. 

I’m not exactly sure what you need to present at check in. I guess the same as US cruises. The actual test or a picture of it. 

14 hours ago, Jill said:

We still had to do a proctored test although 2 hours AFTER we did ours, Royal sent email saying self test were allowed. 

I’m not exactly sure what you need to present at check in. I guess the same as US cruises. The actual test or a picture of it. 

Yeah, we won't be doing proctored.  But nothing else was requested, ie vaccination status? 

• SpeedNoodles changed the title to xSAILEDx Odyssey of the Seas - Oct 19, 2022 - Oct 31, 2022 (12 Night Holy Land Cruise)