Hotels in Miami

Hello fellow cruisers! 138 days until my Oasis of the Seas 7 night cruise out of Miami.  I was wondering on hotels close to the port that have shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port that anyone would recommend.  I am flying into Miami International on the day before my cruise and flying out the day after.  I have a hotel booked right now, but thinking maybe I need one closer to the port and local dining/shopping within walking distance to the hotel.  The hotel I currently have booked is the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North.   Thank you in advance! 

You are already booked at the one I always recommend, and the only one I know of that has shuttles to the port and airport. It doesn't offer a free shuttle back from the port, FYI.

Anything closer to the port is likely more $$ plus paying for shuttles. You may be better off paying to Uber to get food/shopping or using the shuttle to the airport and taking the train and light rail around from there. Really depends on where you want to hit up for food and shopping and how much time you have.

12 minutes ago, jsheldon81 said:

@AshleyDillo is there anything within walking distance of this hotel? I did see your Uber to get to food which we can do as well.  Just wasn't sure if there was anything close to the hotel.

It's limited. There's a Subway, McDonalds and Ihop safely walkable. Honestly I'd Uber over to the CityPlace Doral..it's about 4 miles up the road and there's lots of restaurants to choose from.

If you can get a good price there's the Fairfield Inn & Suites Miami Airport West/Doral that's walking distance to CityPlace Doral. They have an airport shuttle from 8a-630pm. They have a cruise shuttle but you have to pay for it unless you book the package that includes it 

If you want to splurge a bit and stay in South Beach, I suggest The Hotel of South Beach, 801 Collins Ave., South Beach.  The Hotel is Art Deco and right in the middle of every thing South Beach.  For activities, strongly suggest The Latin Legends tour with Paula at [email protected].  It is a walking tour (very easy walk) looking at the key 1930's Art Deco hotels along Ocean Dr. and Collins Ave. including Gianni Versace's home.  The Hotel may be able to arrange transportation (???) but our travel friends used Uber to and from the hotel/ship.  The Hotel is about 10 minutes max from the cruise terminal.

I have stayed at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North.  At the time, you could do one way or a round trip back to the hotel from the port.  Round trip worked out well for us.  That area near the airport wasn't so good in terms of things to do.  I was only interested in doing the cruise and getting back to the hotel so it worked out well.  We rented a car so we went some places downtown.  That was before Covid so a car rental is much more costly now.

There is a newer Comfort Suite hotel that was built a few years ago.  I don't know why it was built so close to the existing one.   Nobody consulted me about where they should build it.  I would have built a few more restaurants or something instead of another hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Miami Hilton Downtown.  The hotel had a view of the port but was a little tired.  I'm not sure we would recommend the hotel as a result.  I'm also not sure there was a shuttle service.

Now, we were a family of 4 and found that using an Uber (large SUV) was a better option.  Price (~$50) was not that much different than the shuttles at $10 a person that we herd about and have seen.  The driver was on time, courteous,  and we had a nice comfortable ride.  No issue with getting an Uber at the port either when we returned.  There is a section in front of the terminal (clearly marked) to direct a shared service to pick you up from.  I just cant remember the number (maybe section 4?).

Good luck!