virtual covid testing

What sites have people used to conduct the mandatory pre-cruise covid testing (we are all vaxxed, and just need to do the rapid antigen - looking to schedule a virtual test from home)? I want to make sure we make an appointment with a site/agency/medical provider that is accepted by Royal. 

Thanks!

OnPoint. Bring your own test kit and it's @ $15. My wife, I and another passenger did it. We all had the same experience. A young lady, who seemed to be in a wind tunnel, told you what to do. She really paid no attention to what you were doing and her only concern was a single line on the test strip. No questions about expiration date, no monitoring if you put a clean swab in the liquid tube, no notice if you do any of the procedures. I see doing my own free self test and Photoshop in my future instead of wasting the $15. 

In the Army, we called this test a finger drill.

On 7/26/2022 at 9:48 AM, Swar said:

OnPoint. Bring your own test kit and it's @ $15. My wife, I and another passenger did it. We all had the same experience. A young lady, who seemed to be in a wind tunnel, told you what to do. She really paid no attention to what you were doing and her only concern was a single line on the test strip. No questions about expiration date, no monitoring if you put a clean swab in the liquid tube, no notice if you do any of the procedures. I see doing my own free self test and Photoshop in my future instead of wasting the $15. 

We are family of 4 - when and how do they collect our names/DOB/other info?

Or do we each need to create separate logins?

thanks.

21 minutes ago, mook1525 said:

We are family of 4 - when and how do they collect our names/DOB/other info?

Or do we each need to create separate logins?

thanks.

You will buy 4 tests, then you should be able to schedule all of them at one time. The 4 tests can be purchased through one OnPoint account.

After scheduling, they will send you link to a 3rd party site where you register. You will do this for each family member (ie. 4 registrations). After registering, you will each get a code. When you have your appointment, you will share the codes and your IDs with the person online and they will then use that site to report out the results.

32 minutes ago, Carotthat said:

@OCSC MikeI was referring to OnPoint testing. RapidTest you wrote wanted FDA approved tests. OnPoint posts nothing about that.

eg The BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Antigen Self Test has not been FDA cleared or approved.

This looks like On Point would accept this one also

I was just giving anyone reading another option.

FYI, all tests say that. They are authorized by the FDA under "Emergency Use Authorization", just like vaccines. This is what the FDA uses when they determine the benefits outweigh the risk of going through the full, normal testing process, which would have taken far too long.

Technically I should have written "authorized" rather than approved. The point was that they accept any legit test.

17 minutes ago, Carotthat said:

...meaning any available rapid antigen test in the US is accepted from OnPoint and RapidTest for certification

I didn't use OnPoint so I can't speak for them.

Any test granted Emergency Use Authorization by the FDA is accepted by RT&T.

Don't take my word for it, ask them.

19 minutes ago, Carotthat said:

Did they ask for your insurance anyway? 

We are from Europe, so I don't wanna pay more than proposed...

I tried to document my entire experience in the thread I posted above. I don't mean to be rude but everything should be in there. Anything that isn't, I suggest using their live chat to ask questions. As I also posted, they were very responsive and helpful which is part of the reason I chose them over OnPoint.

No, they will not ask for insurance. They are not really providing a medical service (although my proctor was a nurse). You are testing yourself; they are merely serving as a witness and providing a document attesting to that.

On 7/27/2022 at 1:48 AM, Swar said:

I had very similar experiences (different providers)  - the last time the woman just wanted to chat about the holiday I was going on - not paying attention at all , id imagine she has done this all day every day for months and her level of interest as in none - was showing. 

As I was on my laptop I was trying to do it right and holding the test so she could see it due to the angle of the camera,  she told me to not worry about holding it on the screen, just put it down on the desk (totally out of sight) till its finished and let her know.   So it wasnt even in view could have easily swapped it if I wished.    When I finished within 1 second I had the cert in my inbox,  she had already prepared it as passed she said.  

So the whole thing seems a bit pointless if they are going to allow virtual.   If your not honest you will easily get away with it, if you are honest you of course would report yourself.  But if thats the case they might as well just ask you to do it yourself anyway as it will be the same result.    

After doing this a couple of times now and not to mention you can do it all legit and be negative and the next day be positive,  you really start to consider the photoshop option.  

• 2 weeks later...

Had our three onpoint tests today.

As already posted, cheating would have been possible with no problem.

Also, test got verified after the control line showed up.... 1 minute 🤔

The only other thing they always asked, was the order number from onpoint. The other questions differed completely and were absolutely not necessary 😉