Aerial acrobatics performances in the centrum

Tanner

We were recently on Grandeur out of Barbados (April) and Serenade out of Vancouver (May).  This was our first time on Vision and Radiance class ships.  Did we not see any of the Aerial acrobatics in the centrum because of the itineraries, staff shortages, low sailing number, maybe something else etc, etc, or do they simply not do those performances any longer?     

On 7/26/2022 at 4:32 AM, twangster said:

Discontinued around 8 years ago.   

It's funny they still show those performances for the highlight reel of each ship on their website in light of how long ago they were discontinued.  Granted, a filming budget to highlight Brilliance of the Seas probably isn't money well spent but it does seem a little misleading.  

Edited by Tanner
spelling

The aerial performances in the centrum were primarily cancelled b/c they could not get enough qualified riggers to operate the equipment.  I don't know how long they actually performed the aerial shows but it wasn't very long...probably less than 6 months.  I remember seeing exactly 1.  It was fun and I'm glad I was able to see one but truly, the Centrum did not have enough seating space to adequately accommodate everyone for a show.  I recall (the one time) that we ended up sitting on the floor on one of the higher decks.  It was extremely uncomfortable but the performance was fun.  They definitely SHOULD remove any reference to this entertainment from any and all advertisement materials.