Souviner cups

No, but you do get 5 free drinks per day.  Alcoholic, non alcoholic, smoothies, specialty coffees (not Starbucks) included.
I bring my own Yeti in the event I want to shift a drink to it.  I also use it for my morning coffee-easier to fill and go then to have to drink out of the smaller china coffee cups.

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Whoa people.  There are a number of reasons why a D+ member wouldn't know the current policy.  

Stop attacking people who ask simple questions.  If you feel a question is below your ability to remain civil it's time to move on.  

Simple questions are okay. First-time poster claiming to be D+ knowing nothing about the cups for packages is REALLY pushing it. The only reason (so the number is ONE) I can come up with for somebody to be at that status level and not have a clue would be if they achieved D+ before there was such a thing as the package cups.

8 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Calling out the VERY likely one-and-done troll question.

That's not a thing. Meaning, that's something some folks may perceive because they are on here a lot. But if someone is new, give them the benefit of the doubt and welcome them in and offer advice, not snark.

13 minutes ago, Matt said:

That's not a thing. Meaning, that's something some folks may perceive because they are on here a lot. But if someone is new, give them the benefit of the doubt and welcome them in and offer advice, not snark.

Or you could ignore it.

1 hour ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Not making a joke. Calling out the VERY likely one-and-done troll question.

Let's say you're right...what exactly is the "troll" portion of this question? I under when we get suspicious of people coming here, posting once to utterly tear Royal a new one and never seems to come back to say anything else.....but what's the "gain" here? To define troll...it's a person who posts something to intentionally incite rage and discourse.

What rage and discourse can be reasonably drawn by asking if they get a complimentary cup? An active thread that could one day help other new d+ members?

I mean...honestly I think more time and energy has been spent in this thread about the "troll" aspect than the question itself and no troll is good enough to anticipate that....

54 minutes ago, Matt said:

@Matt - this is your site and I respect what you do, but to put words on the page claiming that one-and-done troll posts are not a "thing" is naïve at best. Check your member list and see how many people "join" the site, post a single complaint or controversial comment, and never return. The number is bigger than saying "that's not a thing" leads me to believe you realize it to be. The OP in this thread is extremely likely to add to that statistic.

It very much IS a thing. Happens multiple times most weeks. [/soapbox]

I don't/didn't intend to come off as rude, hope that isn't the case, but I get slightly triggered when people sort of quantify a post i.e I am not a racist but......I am a D/D+......., I think maybe just ask your question. Whether you have sailed 1 night or 5000. 

Also OP said they were a diamond plus sailor, so maybe they didn't mean the loyalty program but do sailors get souvenir cups?

3 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

@Matt - this is your site and I respect what you do, but to put words on the page claiming that one-and-done troll posts are not a "thing" is naïve at best. Check your member list and see how many people "join" the site, post a single complaint or controversial comment, and never return. The number is bigger than saying "that's not a thing" leads me to believe you realize it to be. The OP in this thread is extremely likely to add to that statistic.

It very much IS a thing. Happens multiple times most weeks. [/soapbox]

I think you're missing my point. I'm not talking purely people that come and only make one post.

I'm talking people that make their first post, and people jump down their throat with snark because it's their first post assuming that they are a complainer.

There is no excuse for being a jerk to someone else on this site. 

If someone comes here and their first post is "the cruise sucked", it sounds to me like they need advice on how they could have easily avoided most of the problems they ran into with info. 

So what I'm saying is there is not ever a free pass for treating someone new to the site badly. If they swear off cruising, hate Royal Caribbean, and think they should get a million dollars in restitution, then that's their misinformed opinion. Obviously none of us agree. But we can respond with a "Sorry you didn't like your cruise, but next time you should try read about a drink package so you aren't hit with a giant bill later for all those drinks".

Hope that makes sense.

Seems to me some people who spend significant time here in this community are growing a little tired of one and done posters that usually lean towards casting dispersions on the very thing that bring us together here.  That’s where the defensiveness of those replies come from.  I agree name calling or making things personal is out of line, but so are some of the posts drawing this attention.  

Imagine if you are the one (or your spouse, or child, or parent) who comes here to ask a question and you/they get some of these answers!
It reflects poorly on this site by insinuating it is nothing more than an innocent question, or that people should know the answer.  
Giving an answer to a question is simple enough.  Providing the documentation as to benefits (not yet seen posted  here, and I would if I knew how to) would be even better.
Treat others like it's your confused loved one asking their first ever question.  

Souvenir cups are included with drink packages.
My daughter asked me to purchase a souvenir cup at CoCoCay the next time I am there.  I did not know you can do that, but I will ask, I think those cups are different than the beverage package cups.
Here is a link to the benefits for each C&A loyalty level
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

8 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

My daughter asked me to purchase a souvenir cup at CoCoCay the next time I am there.  I did not know you can do that, but I will ask, I think those cups are different than the beverage package cups.

Ar Labadee and CocoCay you can order certain drinks in a Souvenir Cup for an additional fee.  The Coco Loco for example.  The cup for this purpose is like the temporary cups with bendy straw being used on some ship as the drink package cup while supply chain issues are causing the regular drink package cup to be unavailable.   In the past there were other souvenir cups versions on CocoCay that were different than the temporary drink package cups with the bendy straw. 

Another set of souvenir cups that comes to mind are the fancier drink cups.  I have an old pina colada glass with the logos and such on the side.  Buy a drink or buy one for a bit more with a fancier glass.  Are those types of glass a thing still? (I get drink package all the time now, so I never pay attention to that).

One thing that surprised me in 2021 was that both Royal cruises I went on didn't leave the beverage package tumblers in the room like they used to.  Could be another element to the question.  

15 hours ago, Plumlee2028 said:

Another set of souvenir cups that comes to mind are the fancier drink cups.  I have an old pina colada glass with the logos and such on the side.  Buy a drink or buy one for a bit more with a fancier glass.  Are those types of glass a thing still? (I get drink package all the time now, so I never pay attention to that).

One thing that surprised me in 2021 was that both Royal cruises I went on didn't leave the beverage package tumblers in the room like they used to.  Could be another element to the question.  

I do have some of the Royal glass souvenir glasses.  I recall those light up plastic ones.  I do believe I saw something offered onboard as a part of a special but I do not recall if it was anthem or  Oasis. 
they’ve stopped putting the cups in the cabin. passengers can get them in the promenade when they board or ask at any bar. Maybe it cuts back on waste, 

8 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

I do have some of the Royal glass souvenir glasses.  I recall those light up plastic ones.  I do believe I saw something offered onboard as a part of a special but I do not recall if it was anthem or  Oasis. 
they’ve stopped putting the cups in the cabin. passengers can get them in the promenade when they board or ask at any bar. Maybe it cuts back on waste, 

Getting them at the bar makes sense anyways, its the natural place for it.  Im all for reducing the work the cabin stewards have to do.