Vaccinated 3 year old

We are sailing on Navigator of the Seas on 8/8 and our 3 year old will meet the requirement to be considered fully vaccinated. I am sharing my experience because it seems we will be among one of the first sailings that under 5 would be eligible as fully vaccinated. There is conflicting information from RCCL.  Unfortunately, as of now, it seems he will still be required to test at the pier.

He had his second dose of Moderna on 7/21. I specifically chose Moderna so we did not have to wait for a 3rd dose with Pfizer and he would be considered vaccinated for this cruise.  

On the app, it does not allow us to upload his vaccination card. It is not even an option.  I called RCCL last week and the agent said she would update his vaccination status manually.

Yesterday, I received an email to schedule his test at the pier.  I emailed RCCL’s executive office, because I assumed this was a glitch and they need to update the app to account for vaccinated children under 5.  I received a response today from Lori Jackson confirming that although fully vaccinated, my 3 year old will need to test at the pier. 

The information on the website is conflicting. It states vaccinated children ages 5-11 may follow testing protocols for vaccinated guests.  This statement does not account for vaccinated 2-5 year olds.  However, it also says only unvaccinated children ages 2-11 will require the additional east at boarding.  It does not say anywhere that vaccinated 2-11 year olds have to test at the pier.

I am hoping this information will be clarified further as more vaccinated littles start the check in process. I do not understand the reasoning to treat a fully vaccinated 3 year old child differently from a fully vaccinated 5 year old.

The emails for kids to test is automated.
Bookmark and/or screenshot the 2-11 unvaxxed to show if needed.
I suspect once you show your 3 year old is fully vaxxed the point will be moot.
I know in NJ they filter ALL kids (vaxxed or not) to the "testing area".  I'm sure it is to ensure they are indeed vaxxed, maybe they have "special training" for that? 

Interesting. I got that same email for my fully vaccinated 10 year old. 
I thought it was odd, as her vaccination card had already been uploaded and “validated” by RC. 
I reached out to my travel agent at MEI and she advised I should ignore the email. Saying RC sends them for all kids. So it’s interesting that you got a response from a RC rep saying he would need to be tested. Do you think that is just because he is in that 2-5 age range? 

3 hours ago, ShugrGrl55 said:

Interesting. I got that same email for my fully vaccinated 10 year old. 
I thought it was odd, as her vaccination card had already been uploaded and “validated” by RC. 
I reached out to my travel agent at MEI and she advised I should ignore the email. Saying RC sends them for all kids. So it’s interesting that you got a response from a RC rep saying he would need to be tested. Do you think that is just because he is in that 2-5 age range? 

Same exact thing here. I was confused when I got that email too as our 9 year old is vaccinated.

Interested to hear what happens on your boarding day. My 4 year old should be fully vaccinated for our 8/21 sailing and like you, we went with Moderna to made our sale date.  Having to test at the port makes no sense if considered fully vaxed.  Like others have said, the email is sent to all kids without regard to vaccinated status. The app is letting me add my son's vaccine card for our sailing.