Key and Port Canaveral Harmony

18 minutes ago, loki007 said:

the key line in Terminal 1 at PC is awesome ( I assume Harmony is T1). It starts out side the terminal, security, check in, on the boat. Love the Key

Good to know!  Thank you for the info. Some of my family going on this cruise we had to talk into going because they hate lines … Hahaa would really put a damper on their first cruise to stand outside for 2 hours. 

1 hour ago, Diane.M said:

Good to know!  Thank you for the info. Some of my family going on this cruise we had to talk into going because they hate lines … Hahaa would really put a damper on their first cruise to stand outside for 2 hours. 

Probably highly dependent on your check in time. We just sailed on Mariner out of Port Canaveral. Our family who did not have the key were on the boat right behind us. We had 11am check in. I’m sure it gets backed up with a 1:00 or 2:00 check in 

27 minutes ago, loki007 said:

Probably highly dependent on your check in time. We just sailed on Mariner out of Port Canaveral. Our family who did not have the key were on the boat right behind us. We had 11am check in. I’m sure it gets backed up with a 1:00 or 2:00 check in 

Thank you!  We all have the Key, I assume we will have early check in times?  We are cruising Oct 30.  Thanks for your help.  

39 minutes ago, Diane.M said:

Thank you!  We all have the Key, I assume we will have early check in times?  We are cruising Oct 30.  Thanks for your help.  

You’ll chose an arrival time when you check in online. Check in as early as possible when it opens. You’ll get an email about a week before sailing that you can arrive at 11:00 with the key regardless of your assigned arrival time. 

We sailed on Harmony in May, and there was a long line outside. However, it was because the Coast Guard was doing their annual ship inspection and no one was allowed on the ship until it was finished. So, everything was backed up. Luckily, we were Star Class and were quickly shuttled through the process and waited in a standing room only suite lounge. Once allowed on board, I remember looking at the long line from our balcony. The line was backed up to the gargage entrance. 😳 I have never seen it like that before. It is amazing that an hour delay in boarding can cause such a ripple down effect.  Thinking back, I'm not sure I would have waited in that line. Instead, I think I would have walked to one of the near by restaurants to have a cold drink and let the line die down a little. Thank goodness I didn't have to make that choice. 

That said my advice is to have your test result printed along with your vaccination card and passport easily accessible for the port agents to check. So much time is wasted by people trying to hunt down their test results on their phones, or digging through their bags for their vaccination card or passports. 🤦‍♂️  Having everything ready to go makes this step in the boarding process seemless, and the agents are happy to assist you and get you moving along. 

Enjoy your cruise! 🚢

On 7/25/2022 at 8:48 AM, Diane.M said:

We purchased the Key because we always get the internet.  I’ve seen videos where the line is 2 hours at port canaveral for Harmony of the Seas. Will there be a line for the key that I won’t have to wait outside? 

We just returned from Harmony with the Key.  We had our own line and it was very short (there were maybe 10-12 people ahead of us) compared to the other line that was very very long at 11:30 am. We were on the ship in less than 20 mins and headed to the Chops lunch (which was wonderful).  They took our carry on bags straight to our rooms.  I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth it all went.  VOOM worked good all week.  The only disappoints we had was that the Escape Room was closed for renovation and way too many people would cram into the elevator when it clearly not room.  Other than that it was Great!

7 hours ago, whitsmom said:

We just returned from Harmony with the Key.  We had our own line and it was very short (there were maybe 10-12 people ahead of us) compared to the other line that was very very long at 11:30 am. We were on the ship in less than 20 mins and headed to the Chops lunch (which was wonderful).  They took our carry on bags straight to our rooms.  I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth it all went.  VOOM worked good all week.  The only disappoints we had was that the Escape Room was closed for renovation and way too many people would cram into the elevator when it clearly not room.  Other than that it was Great!

Thank you Whitsmon. That is great news for us. I hope the escape room Is open when we go. My kids weee looking forward to it. We didn’t get to do it on our last cruise since it sold out. 

13 hours ago, Diane.M said:

Thank you Whitsmon. That is great news for us. I hope the escape room Is open when we go. My kids weee looking forward to it. We didn’t get to do it on our last cruise since it sold out. 

They told us it was closed thru September so if your going late October then you should be good.  You will need to make reservations as soon as you finish your lunch to have a chance to book it.