Which shore excursion i can skip in Wonder of the Seas Western Mediterrean cruise?

sonuyos

So, I will be in Europe for the trip later this yr, and i was wondering, out of Naples, La Spezia, Marseille & Palma

Which one can i skip the guided tour? (As In go on my own).

Which one are must with guided tour? (Third Party Excursion, any recommendation?)

Which one can i skip guided as well as going on my own? (To enjoy the cruise.)

Any help would be appreciated.

My Background - I am def a history buff, and really looking forward for Naples due to Pompeii & La Spezia for Leaning tower, i am not sure whats there for me in Palma & Merseille, but i am also travelling with 10 more people, actually total 3 families, age ranging from 11 to 62.

Any suggestion or questions are welcome.

La Spezia is the gateway to Florence and Pisa.  There should be "at your leisure" excursions from Royal or 3rd parties which take you into town and pick up up at a designated time.  Pisa was a bit underwhelming for us, so I am looking forward to seeing Florence the next time we visit.  Pisa requires tickets to go up the tower, and there is a bit of a wait (we didn't have the time).  Italy is hot in the summer - not sure when you are going.  Bottled water is a must in warm weather.  We climbed Mt. Vesuvius for the view and also saw Pompeii - a combined excursion.  I hear Jason Bourne went to Marseille once....

On 7/23/2022 at 1:25 PM, sonuyos said:

So, I will be in Europe for the trip later this yr, and i was wondering, out of Naples, La Spezia, Marseille & Palma

Which one can i skip the guided tour? (As In go on my own).

Which one are must with guided tour? (Third Party Excursion, any recommendation?)

Which one can i skip guided as well as going on my own? (To enjoy the cruise.)

Any help would be appreciated.

My Background - I am def a history buff, and really looking forward for Naples due to Pompeii & La Spezia for Leaning tower, i am not sure whats there for me in Palma & Merseille, but i am also travelling with 10 more people, actually total 3 families, age ranging from 11 to 62.

Any suggestion or questions are welcome.

In Naples we did the 1/2 day ship tour of Pompeii in the morning, and then explored Naples on our own in the afternoon.  The ship docks downtown so it is easy to walk if you can.  If not, taxis are available.  If you love history, the archeological museum in Naples is a good visit after Pompeii.

Marseille is a beautiful city and the old historic port is a great visit - I would also plan to take a taxi up to the cathedral - the views are amazing.  You can get a taxi from the port.

La Spezia offers ship tours that take you to Florence and/or Pisa.  Pisa is relatively close, but Florence is over an hour away so I would definitely do a ship tour here.  We went to Cinque Terre here and enjoyed it.

In Mallorca, we went to the beach which was great.  You could easily walk around Palma after taking a cab or shuttle into town.