Woodwind Bonaire?

Pooch

Anyone have experience with this company?  I’ve never snorkeled but have always wanted to try.  We’ll be in Bonaire on our next cruise and snorkeling seems to be the thing to do there.  Old, short, fat, a mediocre swimmer.  Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Pooch said:

Old, short, fat, a mediocre swimmer.

They probably will give everyone a life jacket/vest. That's been my experience on previous snorkeling excursions. Stay away from the red coral, that's fire coral and will ruin your day very quickly. Be prepared for incredible underwater life and scenery. Oh, for mediocre swimmers they attach a tow rope to one of the excursion guides (😁). 

If you want to go under deeper then the surface, take the snorkel mouth piece out of your mouth hold your breath and dive. 

Snorkleling is all about just breathing, it weird to believe you can have your head/most of your body submerged and still breath.  Once you master that your in awe of what your seeing, it so peaceful and awesome!  

On 7/23/2022 at 10:46 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

We used Woodwind in Bonaire.  Excellent excursion.  

We have used them also.  Found them to be an excellent catamaran and snorkeling excursion.  We stopped at 3 different spots to snorkel, each having a unique view of different species of fish.  Small group on maybe 16 or so.  Within walking distance from our pier.  They do sell out early most often.  Reputation is excellent and deserved.

They have made our short list of repeat again excursions.

Ok, emailed them & they have room for us on the 9am - 1pm excursion.  For those who have used them, how early should we plan to get off the ship?  We are scheduled to dock at 8am so will we be able to get there in time?

17 hours ago, Pooch said:

Ok, emailed them & they have room for us on the 9am - 1pm excursion.  For those who have used them, how early should we plan to get off the ship?  We are scheduled to dock at 8am so will we be able to get there in time?

I think so. The port in Bonaire is not that big. Ask them if they can pick you up at the ship. I went scuba diving in Bonaire in 2017 with a local scuba shop and the dive guide picked me up. Have a great time and just remember to keep breathing!😁

21 hours ago, Pooch said:

we docked at the south pier.  They said in our instruction to be there at 8:45, very quick walk

image.thumb.jpeg.542efedefa051a667c4ac4620e88a28a.jpeg

This is the entrance to a resort where they are located the street that is semi circle at south pier dead ends here

image.thumb.jpeg.ff2267b265cdb5b7d0ca254d46329cae.jpeg

• 8 months later...
12 hours ago, mac66 said:

We've done Woodwind 3 times. Always a good time. Highly recommended. Well within walking distance of the ship. And if time runs short they will drop you off closer to the pier.

Have seen nothing but great things about Woodwind, and definitely a plus that they're so close to the pier. Good to know about them dropping off closer if time necessitates it, though I'm not too worried on this trip as all of the port days are quite long. Just trying to figure out how I'm spending the day in Aruba and Curacao now.

11 hours ago, Jack805 said:

Have seen nothing but great things about Woodwind, and definitely a plus that they're so close to the pier. Good to know about them dropping off closer if time necessitates it, though I'm not too worried on this trip as all of the port days are quite long. Just trying to figure out how I'm spending the day in Aruba and Curacao now.

Been to the ABCs a number of times.  We did an off road vehicle/jeep tour to the wild side of Aruba which was really fun. I dived the other times we were there. 

In Curacao we've only done snorkeling or scuba.

We are going back to the ABCs next Jan. I'm going to dive on either Aruba or Curacao but we are renting a golf cart and going beach hoping in Bonaire when we are there. Learned that from some cruise friends.  Did Woodwind three times. Time for something different.