What to show for Vaccine Proof?

Has anybody used the docket app to show their proof of vaccine at the terminal prior to boarding?

or can you should a picture of your card from your phone?

I’ve read they only accept the physical card, I find that hard to believe.  

leaving port liberty next Friday.

1 hour ago, Mikei31 said:

Has anybody used the docket app to show their proof of vaccine at the terminal prior to boarding?

Believe it if you want to board.

I've done multiple cruises since the resumption of cruising in the US and we've always brought the physical card with us and every person we've seen has their card with them as well. 

You can roll the dice if you want to, but if you really want to get on the ship without running into issues I would suggest you bring your actual vaccination card with you.

Then I would work on getting a card!  My brother didn’t have a card either as he got his initial shots from a mass vax site & they screwed up.  Took some doing but he was able to get all the information on an actual CDC card at CVS where he got his boosters.

Yeah I’ll try,  there’s no information or standard for any of this.  My point is, the app from the state that shows the official document is more trustworthy than a card that is handwritten and easily faked.  

the app should be more valuable/reliable to cruise lines / airlines than a card…. I call RC and the person I talk to clearly guesses their answer on the subject.  

Yes, phone reps don’t know squat.  And yes, the digital record should be accepted.  I don’t disagree with any of that.  I just know the terminal personnel like what they like for proof and the ONLY form that no one has reported an issue with is the CDC card.  

40 minutes ago, Mikei31 said:

Yeah I’ll try,  there’s no information or standard for any of this.  My point is, the app from the state that shows the official document is more trustworthy than a card that is handwritten and easily faked.  

the app should be more valuable/reliable to cruise lines / airlines than a card…. I call RC and the person I talk to clearly guesses their answer on the subject.  

FOR CRUISES DEPARTING FROM U.S. HOMEPORTS

You will need to have the following documents when you arrive to board the ship.

• A Passport Book or Passport Card, valid for at least six months after your cruise, is strongly recommended. U.S. citizens that do not have a passport may present a state-certified U.S. Birth Certificate (not a "baby feet" hospital certificate or baptismal paper). Guests age 16 and older that present a Birth Certificate will also need to provide a valid Driver's License or picture ID issued by the government. International guests will need a passport book, valid for at least six months after your cruise.
  • COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card that shows you received the final dose of your vaccine at least 14 days before sailing. This is required for all guests age 12 and up. Kids age 11 or younger who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the protocols for vaccinated guests.
  • COVID-19 Test Result: All guests age 2 and older — including those who have been vaccinated — will need to present their negative COVID-19 result. Vaccinated guests must take this test (antigen or PCR test accepted) no more than 2 days before boarding day. Kids age 11 or younger who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the testing protocols for vaccinated guests. Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11 must take a PCR test (not antigen) no more than 3 days before boarding day. Your test result can be printed out or presented on your phone. Read more at the main testing FAQ.
  • Health Questionnaire to be completed on our Royal Caribbean App the day before you board.

I don't have a card either.  The day I received my vaccine, they ran out and gave me a photocopy. My state offers a Covid vaccination record through our department of public health and is available online. It is typed, has the logo, and a QR code and all verified information for my vaccination. I printed it out and it was accepted as proof for our December cruise. 

44 minutes ago, beachmama said:

I don't have a card either.  The day I received my vaccine, they ran out and gave me a photocopy. My state offers a Covid vaccination record through our department of public health and is available online. It is typed, has the logo, and a QR code and all verified information for my vaccination. I printed it out and it was accepted as proof for our December cruise. 

Thank you,  that is exactly what I have.  And to me it is 1000 times more legitimate than a card.

Thank you,  that is exactly what I have.  And to me it is 1000 times more legitimate than a card.

Is this what you used when you uploaded your vaccine information to Royal when you checked-in online?

If that is the case I would still bring this document.

Your original question was would they accept a picture of the card on your phone and the answer to that is no you have to have the physical document whether it is a card or the alternative document the state issued you at the time. Whatever physical document you have been issued you need to bring with you a photo on your phone is not good enough.  Hopefully this answers your original question.

I get concerned with the necessity of bringing my physical card each and every time I cruise. I have been lucky enough to be able to do 17 cruises since the restart. Each time I have to upload my card onto the app…then bring the card with me to the port so it can be examined. Sometimes they even take another photo of the card at the port. I’m always afraid that one day I may lose the card and then have to deal with an alternative document and hope it gets accepted as proof of vaccination. 
Hey! You’ve seen my card 17 times already! I know it’s asking a lot…but can’t they make some sort of notation on my account that I am fully vaccinated as required! If additional boosters become required, then I can present the card again showing I’ve been boosted and it can be added to my account. 
I figure they consider this card requirement a temporary issue and don’t want to go through the hassle of creating a new entry to everyone’s account…but it’s been a pretty long temporary period! Okay…rant over.

We were asked for our physical card on all our earlier cruises that started in Galveston and Nassau and everyone had the actual card out. In March 2022 we boarded in Los Angeles, completely different, most used the California APP or similar QR code APP. Los Angeles county and it's 8 million people had to show their cards to go into restaurants and other public places, not just large events and hospitals but just to live their daily lives, those people's cards are probably unreadable by now and it's quicker to scan a qr code than to look at a hand written card. Part of me thinks it's just that port so we are bringing our physical cards next week to Alaska. I felt like others but in March I brought my adult children and their spouses, 2 of the 4 hadn't seen their card or needed their card for a year, they always use the app. I made them go to where they got their shots and get duplicate physical cards because I thought cruises needed them. But when we got there they happily pointed out everyone was using the app.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to follow up.  At no point were we asked to show our physical cards or any type of proof for the covid vaccine either at the terminal or while on board/ re-entering after going into port.

What we uploaded on the app prior to sailing was all they went by I suppose.  So either every terminal is different or idk.  Either way, a lot of worrying for nothing.