First time trying Royal up and we won but....

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 11:31 AM, RCIfan1912 said:

First time trying Royal Up and we won but maybe not. Oasis August 14th we had a Central park inside balcony deck 12 and we won Royal Up to a Ocean view balcony to 6216. Not a fan of being low in ships but we have never sailed Oasis. What are your expert thoughts? I'm a but iffy and learned my first lesson in this program. 

We are on Adventure next week and have 3 bids in for 2 bedroom Grand suite, regular grand suite and I think owners suite but can't remember. Really would LOVE to win the 2 Bedroom Grand suite. 

But overall what do you think of the one we did win? Does deck 6 suck? I don't use elevators so this will certainly add to my steps going up the stairs. 🤣 Thanks for any info you may have. 

We also did RoyalUp on Oasis Aug 14th. We upgraded from Ocean View Balcony 12610 to Family Balcony 11172. 100% worth it! I also believe that upgrading to any Ocean View Balcony is a great idea if you started with Ocean View or Interior rooms. Although I do believe that going on deck 6, you may have to deal with the Boardwalk and Royal Promenade crowd. The people that cut through the halls to get to one side of the ship to get to Vitality Spa + Gym and Boardwalk (me).

I also don't think you would have a problem using the stairs either. Boardwalk and Vitality are on the same floor. Promenade is a floor below, and two decks up is the park. The only problem I think you would have is getting to the higher decks, although you don't use elevators, I highly suggest you do to get to the Windjammer, specialty restaurants nearby (such as Portside BBQ), and the pool deck. Other than that, I think you'd be alright.

33 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Actually we loved the location, there was a bit people cutting through from one side of the ship to the other. It was cool being close to the boardwalk. After sailing on Oasis we are more Central park people. We have an inside view of Central park for our next Oasis cruise.

Although I have never had a Central Park room (I'm a new cruiser to RCI), I've heard that Central Park rooms are really nice, and usually quiet. When we were on it, we barely saw anyone in Central Park. The only time when I saw was a crowd, there was a wedding on Day 2.