P&O testing

We are traveling to Barcelona on the wonder of seas August 7th traveling out on the 5 th still have to have our child tested at a medical centre the day before cruise at big expense and could still be turned away you can't look forward to your holiday with all this extra stress 

1 hour ago, deniseuttley said:

We are traveling to Barcelona on the wonder of seas August 7th traveling out on the 5 th still have to have our child tested at a medical centre the day before cruise at big expense and could still be turned away you can't look forward to your holiday with all this extra stress 

But you should have known and prepared for this when you booked the cruise. The changes that are occurring to pre-embarkment testing have only come about in less than a week or so. You booked the cruise knowing you would have to test and could be turned away.... or did you somehow just book under the impression you wouldn't have to test in the last week?

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

But you should have known and prepared for this when you booked the cruise. The changes that are occurring to pre-embarkment testing have only come about in less than a week or so. You booked the cruise knowing you would have to test and could be turned away.... or did you somehow just book under the impression you wouldn't have to test in the last week?

Can't say I blame her for wanting testing to be removed. 

I've booked lots of cruises and am still booking cruises knowing that testing is a requirement right now yet I am hoping that Royal ends their testing requirement. 

If I was in Europe knowing that multiple other lines have ended testing to cruise in Europe while Royal is still requiring testing in Europe I'd be a little upset about that too.  

I think what the Og poster is trying to say are that the weeks leading up to the cruise are stressful because you start to think more about the tests and the "what if's" 

What if someone tests positive before cruise?

What if someone tests positive onboard? 

So what og poster is hoping for is that RC drop policy so people can look forward to cruise without the added stress and extra costs

Having cruised i can say i felt exaclty the same 

Yes we booked this cruise nearly 2 years ago thought the covid testing would be finished it does spoil the build up to your holiday my 8 year old doesnt really understand if you fail your test the cruise is off we are flying in to Barcelona for a supposedly relaxing weekend before cruising only to have to get up early and get taxis to a medical centre for my son to be tested the day before boarding so it is stressful lots of cruises lines have now cropped cruising think you've more chance of catching it sat on a packed plane anyway fingers crossed we all pass and will be on the cruise

• Matt changed the title to P&O testing
  • SpeedNoodles locked this topic