CocoCay over water cabana price!!!

natalie.gonzalez

So, we have a cruise booked for August 2023 and I was just looking at the over the water cabanas. We are interested in booking- however the price is $3499! This is crazy in my opinion. What is the lowest discount anyone has seen? 30% off?  I'm going to wait for black friday sale to see if it goes on sale for something more reasonable. I just can't justify paying that amount of money, but I'm sad because I want to try it out. 

Lowest price I have seen was $1299 but that was pre COVID.  Prices have been steadily rising but, my gosh, $3499 is crazy steep!  Starting off with that price seems almost impossible for the price to get below $2999 which I would never pay!  Yes, you can divide by 8 if you have 8 individuals going in together but a family having to book at this price is just insane (of this is my own opinion).  However, there are those who will pay whatever just for the experience, to each his own.

We were there this past June, that was the price of the cabanas. They were sold out, but I must say there were a lot more than 8 people each in those things. I remember floating in the water thinking if I paid that much money I may have not enjoyed that fact, people everywhere and they were blasting music, so if you like the genre you are good, if not ugh....miserable. BUT it was a very hot summer day and the day was beautiful. I am sure some purchased for less depending on their timing but they were not sold out and then they were....at that price. IF you really want it I would get it and then watch for price drops, fingers crossed they occur. 

PS I liked the genre so I was floating in the area loving life!

We saw $999 on our November Oasis cruise. We passed because the weather can always be a bit finnicky in the Bahamas that time of year. We ended up just booking the Beach Club and the waterpark and still had a wonderful time. We’ve always booked OTW cabanas at Labadee and love the idea of the upgraded ones at CoCo Cay but too rich for our family of three. Btw, haven’t seen the price that low since Nov 22. 

I have a Beach Club otw for September 2022 booked for $1050.  Regular beach club was $999.  This is for an Allure sailing that was moved, and I grabbed right as it opened, so prices may have been low.

Most of my sailings OTW have been at $1699 with beach club at $1299. Prices seem to go up as there are less remaining.  No sale on beach club cabanas for any of my sailings during last Black Friday deals - only saw reductions for south beach and chill island. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hockeyman55 said:

So are these priced per person or per cabana? We currently are going in April 2023 with a group of people and one group booked a floating cabana for $1,900 but was curious if that was just for the two in his room or for 8 people?

The price is for 8 people. 

On a side note, are the the same Hockeyman that was on a universal forum?

7 hours ago, Hockeyman55 said:

The one and only 😃  

I'm still on there occasionally but most to post my them park photos. Been awhile, how have you been?

I am good.  Kids got in the way of forums and then I lost track of where the forum was as I believe they changed names?  Hope you are well.

4 hours ago, TheMick424 said:

I still don't see any Perfect Day at CocoCay offerings for our February 2023 cruise.  Makes me worried they are going swap out this port.

Just be patient and keep checking! You aren’t the first person to say that February 2023 cruises aren’t showing CocoCay yet. I’m showing for January 2023, so hopefully yours will show up soon!! They just will randomly pop up one day.

7 hours ago, TheMick424 said:

I still don't see any Perfect Day at CocoCay offerings for our February 2023 cruise.  Makes me worried they are going swap out this port.

Our Labadee for early January 2023 just showed up a week or 2 ago.  I wouldn’t worry about them swapping out Coco Cay.  I’m guessing that’s one of RC’s best money-making opportunities. 

Sailing on Adventure 7/2023 and still no listings for the Cabana...the most I would pay for it is maybe $2000 (split between the 3 other parties we are traveling with). $3500 is outrageous. Not gonna lie, I find CocoCay to be a snooze and will probably just stay on the ship that day if the cabana is unaffordable.

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2022 at 12:04 PM, Rosa said:

We have a group of 10, do they allow more than the 8 listed on the website? Is there an additional fee that is required for additional people? If so, how much extra is it per person?

They do not allow over 8 people in the OTW cabanas. When we did it there are 8 bracelets for the cabana (non-removable once you put them on), and the attendants are strict about enforcement.