xSAILEDx Anthem of Seas - Apr 23, 2023 - May 1, 2023 (8 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise)

• 1 month later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to Anthem of Seas - Apr 23, 2023 - May 1, 2023 (8 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise)
  • 5 months later...
10 hours ago, KevinK said:

Anyone join this excursion?

image.thumb.png.53b63eda81ccaa1675d625e53e5ce7e6.png

Yes. I booked it for my party of 3 a couple of sales ago and got it for $43.99. I booked the 10.30 departure so we don't have to be up too early. I'm hoping that by booking through the ship, we will get picked up at the port, rather than having to make our own way to Bayfront, which I think is the starting point for the route. However, as usual, Royal's description is as clear as mud, so it's something of a shot in the dark.

We're also doing the jeeps in Nassau and the Space Center in Port Canaveral.

23 minutes ago, KevinK said:

You can book this show now.

image.thumb.png.3aa1d5d6a083ae085f87eefb97cdaa98.png

Booked it for day 8. I'd been hoping it would be on earlier in the cruise, so will keep watching in case there's a chance to change. Do you remember if it was available earlier when you were on in February?

The extended (pay) sessions of North Star and I-fly have also opened up for booking in the activities section of the planner.

36 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Booked it for day 8. I'd been hoping it would be on earlier in the cruise, so will keep watching in case there's a chance to change. Do you remember if it was available earlier when you were on in February?

The extended (pay) sessions of North Star and I-fly have also opened up for booking in the activities section of the planner.

On Feb 4, If I recall correctly, it was on day 1 or day 2, and then maybe day 4 and day 6.  It was never toward the end of the cruise.  Plus the first show Spectra was the guy.  Then the rest of the show they change it to a female.  So not sure what happen, plus you can tell the group got smaller.  I was on Thanksgiving also, the show was really good. On Feb Spectra show wasn't that great once they change to the female lead.  That was just in my opinion.  Hopefully, this time, will be good.

17 minutes ago, KevinK said:

On Feb 4, If I recall correctly, it was on day 1 or day 2, and then maybe day 4 and day 6.  It was never toward the end of the cruise.  Plus the first show Spectra was the guy.  Then the rest of the show they change it to a female.  So not sure what happen, plus you can tell the group got smaller.  I was on Thanksgiving also, the show was really good. On Feb Spectra show wasn't that great once they change to the female lead.  That was just in my opinion.  Hopefully, this time, will be good.

Thanks. Fingers crossed. 🤞

We saw it on our Canary Islands cruise back in September and it was early on then too, first or second night. It was one of the very few shows DH enthused about and didn't fall asleep during. It was a tall, slim guy doing it then and he was excellent. I actually saw him in the gym a couple of times when I was working out.

21 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Thanks. Fingers crossed. 🤞

We saw it on our Canary Islands cruise back in September and it was early on then too, first or second night. It was one of the very few shows DH enthused about and didn't fall asleep during. It was a tall, slim guy doing it then and he was excellent. I actually saw him in the gym a couple of times when I was working out.

Yup, he was great.. On Nov cruise. I was watching their practice during the day and watch all of their show.  Didn't get tired of it, it was great.  Even the harmony sister is different girls.  Hopefully, on this April, it will be the original cast from Nov.

@KevinK do you live in the NJ/NY area?

If you do, or if you're pretty familiar with the area, maybe you can give me a bit of advice.

I was wondering how long roughly to allow for a transfer (likely using a car service) from our pre-cruise hotel in downtown Manhattan/Chinatown (Henry Street) to the port? I looked on Google maps and it suggests between 30 and 40 minutes. Does that sound about right to you? I don't want to snag a decent check-in time and then miss it by not allowing enough time to get there.

Thanks a lot.

33 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

If you do, or if you're pretty familiar with the area, maybe you can give me a bit of advice.

I was wondering how long roughly to allow for a transfer (likely using a car service) from our pre-cruise hotel in downtown Manhattan/Chinatown (Henry Street) to the port? I looked on Google maps and it suggests between 30 and 40 minutes. Does that sound about right to you? I don't want to snag a decent check-in time and then miss it by not allowing enough time to get there.

Thanks a lot.

I live in Brooklyn, from my house to the port.  It is about 30 mins drive with no traffic.  I normally leave my house at 9:30am for my 10:30am check in.  I like to arrive early so it will be less people.  Since you are taking car service from Chinatown to the port. Yes I would say 40 mins should be good if you have the early am check in.  But of course it all depend on that day of traffic.  I usually stay up and wait till the check in to open up so I can grab the early check in spot. 

49 minutes ago, KevinK said:

I live in Brooklyn, from my house to the port.  It is about 30 mins drive with no traffic.  I normally leave my house at 9:30am for my 10:30am check in.  I like to arrive early so it will be less people.  Since you are taking car service from Chinatown to the port. Yes I would say 40 mins should be good if you have the early am check in.  But of course it all depend on that day of traffic.  I usually stay up and wait till the check in to open up so I can grab the early check in spot. 

Perfect. Thanks very much. Really appreciate your insight. 😊

1 hour ago, KevinK said:

I totally forgot about it last nite, was so dead tired.  Woke up and still able to grab 10:30am to 11am slot.  Will be leaving my house at around 9:45am..

I did it first thing when I got up this morning. We're 5 hours ahead of you so that would have been about 3 am your time!

I picked that time slot too. 😁

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2023 at 1:32 PM, KevinK said:

Yup, he was great.. On Nov cruise. I was watching their practice during the day and watch all of their show.  Didn't get tired of it, it was great.  Even the harmony sister is different girls.  Hopefully, on this April, it will be the original cast from Nov.

@FionaMG  Just got off Sunday. Terry Lavalle was back as Spectra. He was spectacular as usual!

Terry was recently involved in an incident in Bayonne a few weeks ago. While on shore leave and shopping at Walmart, an individual set fire to a rack of clothing in an attempt to cause a distraction while he stole a flatscreen television. It didn’t work…he was apprehended and charged.
Anyway, Terry didn’t flee the fire…but instead ran to the burning rack of clothing and started pulling them off and stomping out the flames. He was recognized by the Bayonne fire department for his actions. He’s really a nice guy and an amazing person.

2 hours ago, BrianB said:

@FionaMG  Just got off Sunday. Terry Lavalle was back as Spectra. He was spectacular as usual!

Terry was recently involved in an incident in Bayonne a few weeks ago. While on shore leave and shopping at Walmart, an individual set fire to a rack of clothing in an attempt to cause a distraction while he stole a flatscreen television. It didn’t work…he was apprehended and charged.
Anyway, Terry didn’t flee the fire…but instead ran to the burning rack of clothing and started pulling them off and stomping out the flames. He was recognized by the Bayonne fire department for his actions. He’s really a nice guy and an amazing person.

Thanks Brian. That sounds amazing. He definitely deserves the recognition from the fire department. 😊

We are hoping we are still going to be able to do this sailing. Unfortunately my 89-year-old mother-in-law is not doing too well so things are a bit uncertain at the moment. We'll see. 😕

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2023 at 2:39 PM, FionaMG said:

Thanks a lot.

Sounds about right. I live in chinatown and taking a Uber or a Lyft to the port the morning of the cruise 30-40 mins 

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Anthem of Seas - Apr 23, 2023 - May 1, 2023 (8 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise)