Well it's official.....we are now diamond plus members!

2 hours ago, Sea Squirrel said:

Sorry I went Karen. Please forgive me!

No big deal.  I've noticed while on board when sitting with people at dinner/breakfast/at the bar it is a natural area conversations gravitate towards....where you live, what you do, when was your last sailing, have you been to this port before, what level are you, when's your next sailing, maybe we'll see you there......

I've bragged about getting to Diamond because for us, it's an accomplishment and has been a goal.  Unlike many here, a lot of folks don't have the time or funds to cruise as often as we'd like.  Additionally, many don't have the funds to accelerate the process by living the Suite life.  Reaching Diamond requires the equivalent of 12 standard 7 night cruises.  It's taken my wife and I 17 years to finally get there.  So I'm going to celebrate it.  Who knows how long it will take to get D+.  Now that we're closing in on retirement, perhaps it won't take another 17 years to get there and we'll occasionally treat ourselves to a suite.

Keep sailing and keep celebrating.

Considering this an RCG-positive focused blog, I don't understand why someone can't make a post about achieving status within the cruise line. There are lots of post I don't connect with, doesn't mean they don't deserve to be posted. I think getting to Diamond and on up, is a wonderful accomplishment. Like others have said the perks work out to be quite a monetary savings, the four drinks alone are a $60 savings. 

I don't get the pleasure of cruising a lot, maybe 2x a year. I take advantage when I can by doing S2S or a B2B because I don't live close to a port, and I don't get a lot of vacation time. I was able to cruise a bit more this year because I am WFH and the restart, coupled with making prime, made it a bit more cost effective. When I started sailing with RCG in Jan 2019 I set the goal of becoming diamond by 2023. I normally travel twice a year for vacation and at least once for business. I figured it would take 8 cruises with me doing most solo and then staying in suites with family/friends to achieve this. Sailing 175 nights seems rather daunting when you only have 5wks vacation in a year.

I was going to be happy to be diamond, and then maybe in like 2025 start to dream about making it to D+. Like many, I lost 2 years of cruises but was able to make those up with the double points. I only added 1 extra cruise this year, coming up in sept, and with what I have booked I will be able to get to D+. The dream of pinnacle is too far away but getting to 350 for the solo supplement is in my eyeline. Whether it takes a year or 20, it's nice to reach a goal. It's nice to brag on occasion. 

2 hours ago, PatsFanBrian said:

I've bragged about getting to Diamond because for us, it's an accomplishment and has been a goal.  Unlike many here, a lot of folks don't have the time or funds to cruise as often as we'd like.  Additionally, many don't have the funds to accelerate the process by living the Suite life.  Reaching Diamond requires the equivalent of 12 standard 7 night cruises.  It's taken my wife and I 17 years to finally get there.  So I'm going to celebrate it.  Who knows how long it will take to get D+.  Now that we're closing in on retirement, perhaps it won't take another 17 years to get there and we'll occasionally treat ourselves to a suite.

Said this before, but I am in (or have been in) the same Boat!  After playing around on different cruise lines, it took Ceil and I 13 years to reach D and another 12 years to reach D+.  So we hit D+ on our 25th anniversary, since we started cruising on our honeymoon in 1996.  That was all done with single points per day - no solo, no suites, and NO double points!  Earned it the old fashioned way - so I can relate.  It seems like for many Royal cruisers the pandemic provided more time to cruise and of course double points.  Getting to D in just several cruises seems crazy to me after all our years of only being able to afford only one (sometimes two) cruises per year.  But that said, times have changed...

Congratulations to all new D and D+ members!!!

Congratulations! We will be Diamond Plus in October after our 12 night Holy Land in a JS. With double points promo it only took us 4 cruises to get from Diamond to Diamond Plus. We will also get our 140 nights block on odyssey too 😁

Looking forward to the 5 drinks too. Our first Diamond Plus cruise will be Wonder next May. 

Congrats to all who reached or are about to reach a milestone in this thread!

We'll be 11 points short of D+ counting our only currently booked cruise next June so the wife & I have been trying to cobble together 11 nights before then so we can take our first D+ cruise later that summer.

Difficult to move up the ranks when you can usually only cruise in the Summer and don't pay for suites but my wife is no longer a classroom teacher (same school, different position) so she has a bit more wiggle room taking days off.

We're just being impatient, of course, but I'm sure most cruisers are when a new level is within reach. Hopefully we figure out a way. 🤞