Scooter Rentals in Galveston on The Liberty

LonB

Howdy all -- I'm sailing in October on the Liberty -- My mobility issues are getting the best of me.   Wondering if anyone has any updated info and scooter rentals, specifically in Galveston on the Liberty?    There are no longer any accessible rooms available, so I'm wondering if that's an issue too?    Any info would be greatly appreciated.  

57 minutes ago, LonB said:

Howdy all -- I'm sailing in October on the Liberty -- My mobility issues are getting the best of me.   Wondering if anyone has any updated info and scooter rentals, specifically in Galveston on the Liberty?    There are no longer any accessible rooms available, so I'm wondering if that's an issue too?    Any info would be greatly appreciated.  

Are you sure there are no more accessible rooms left ?  Have you called or asked your TA to look into it ?  Sometimes they do not show the accessible rooms in inventory but there may still be some available...or maybe they are all gone.  

We've brought our own scooter as well as rented from Scootaround (picked up at a kiosk right before boarding the ship).  We've never had a handicapped room and anything smaller than a JS requires a bit of finesse getting in and out, but easily doable with two people (my husband can manage by himself, but it isn't pretty!).  

@LonB I've done the past two cruises with my physically disabled brother who needs a wheelchair onboard. We have always had a hard time booking accessible cabins as there are not that many onboard. My suggestion would be is to try and book out as far in advanced as possible allowing you to have the room you want. I would also double check with your travel agent or if you are trying to book directly with RCCL book via the phone.