P&O drop supervised testing

Looks like P&O have gone with testing on the honor system. Starting 24th July they will not require certificates, just a negative test result which is part of the boarding questionnaire.

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/preparing-to-sail#before-you-board

I don't see anything about the honor system.  Am I missing it?

The vaccination appears to be more strict, requiring the booster if your original vax is over 270 days.

Vaccine requirements

All guests aged 16 years and over need to be fully vaccinated* with an approved COVID-19 vaccine a minimum of 14 days prior to travel. If more than 270 days (calculated from the last day of the cruise) have passed since the full completion of a vaccination course, a booster vaccine will also be needed and must be administered a minimum of seven days prior to travel.

Guests who have had one booster vaccine, regardless of the date, are considered fully vaccinated. At this time, a second booster vaccination is not required, however, we strongly recommend all guests to have booster vaccinations at the earliest opportunity, should they be available to them, in order to comply with evolving vaccine policies from the countries we visit.

All guests aged 12 to 15 years need to be fully vaccinated* with an approved COVID-19 vaccine a minimum of 14 days prior to travel. A booster vaccine is not required.

Guests under 12 years of age are not required to be vaccinated.

*The definition of ‘fully vaccinated’ is having completed an approved (by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), European Medicines Agency (EMA) or the World Health Organization’s Emergency Use Listing (WHO EUL)) two-dose COVID‑19 vaccination course, or the approved single-dose Janssen COVID‑19 vaccine (plus a booster if applicable).

32 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

The vaccination appears to be more strict, requiring the booster if your original vax is over 270 days.

Vaccine requirements

All guests aged 16 years and over need to be fully vaccinated* with an approved COVID-19 vaccine a minimum of 14 days prior to travel. If more than 270 days (calculated from the last day of the cruise) have passed since the full completion of a vaccination course, a booster vaccine will also be needed and must be administered a minimum of seven days prior to travel.

Guests who have had one booster vaccine, regardless of the date, are considered fully vaccinated. At this time, a second booster vaccination is not required, however, we strongly recommend all guests to have booster vaccinations at the earliest opportunity, should they be available to them, in order to comply with evolving vaccine policies from the countries we visit.

All guests aged 12 to 15 years need to be fully vaccinated* with an approved COVID-19 vaccine a minimum of 14 days prior to travel. A booster vaccine is not required.

*The definition of ‘fully vaccinated’ is having completed an approved (by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), European Medicines Agency (EMA) or the World Health Organization’s Emergency Use Listing (WHO EUL)) two-dose COVID‑19 vaccination course, or the approved single-dose Janssen COVID‑19 vaccine (plus a booster if applicable).

The above has been standard procedure since cruises resumed in Europe.

From current RC regulations for European cruises

To be considered up to date by all European countries we sail to, your vaccination must meet both of the following requirements.  

1. You received your final dose in your original two-dose vaccine series (or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson) no more than 9 months (270 days) ago, or a booster dose. Guests that have received a booster dose will qualify regardless of the amount of time that has passed since receiving their booster. Children who have received one dose (unless Johnson & Johnson) do not count as fully vaccinated.

1 hour ago, Pattycruise said:

Vaccine requirements

My comment is in regards to testing - they will only be asking guests if they have had a negative result from a self administered test, no supervision or certificate of negative result required. My post has nothing at all to do with vaccination status.

7 hours ago, Ray said:

The above has been standard procedure since cruises resumed in Europe.

From current RC regulations for European cruises

To be considered up to date by all European countries we sail to, your vaccination must meet both of the following requirements.  

1. You received your final dose in your original two-dose vaccine series (or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson) no more than 9 months (270 days) ago, or a booster dose. Guests that have received a booster dose will qualify regardless of the amount of time that has passed since receiving their booster. Children who have received one dose (unless Johnson & Johnson) do not count as fully vaccinated.

I’m quoting the PO site.

6 hours ago, Spang1974 said:

My comment is in regards to testing - they will only be asking guests if they have had a negative result from a self administered test, no supervision or certificate of negative result required. My post has nothing at all to do with vaccination status.

As I stated, I didn’t see it.  I did see the vax requirement, which is more stringent, so brought that up. .  I looked again and now saw what you were first referring to.