Jump to content

Gratuity


Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I actually don't think there is gratuities on the soda package since 90% of the soda you're getting is from a machine. We don't tip machines...yet...the robot uprising my change that.

Yes Gratuities are added to the soda package, just like the are when you purchase individually, 18%

In the newer version it shows as its own line item when you check out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, CruiseGus said:

Yes Gratuities are added to the soda package, just like the are when you purchase individually, 18%

In the newer version it shows as its own line item when you check out.

I can't find any mention of gratuities but I also can't find a breakdown of what we paid.

Where would gratuities go though...since the soda package is mostly for the freestyle machines...? Like...to who?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Where would gratuities go though...since the soda package is mostly for the freestyle machines...? Like...to who?

Bar staff in general. Someone still has to stock the machines.

Plus some ships don't have have the Freestyle machines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I can't find any mention of gratuities but I also can't find a breakdown of what we paid.

Where would gratuities go though...since the soda package is mostly for the freestyle machines...? Like...to who?

@CrimsonCruiser just like @CGTLH said those gratuities go into the "Tip Pool" that those in the "Beverage Dept" participate in.  This pool is different than the pools for the Dinning Wait Staff and the Housekeeping pool.  Those are the other 2 pools that I am aware of I don't know if there are others or not.

If you have a cruise that uses the "new" cruise planner, go ahead and load a Soda or any other package into your cart then head to check out (you can remove the package there if you really don't want it like i just did).  At checkout you will see a line item for the gratuity charge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, CruiseGus said:

@CrimsonCruiser just like @CGTLH said those gratuities go into the "Tip Pool" that those in the "Beverage Dept" participate in.  This pool is different than the pools for the Dinning Wait Staff and the Housekeeping pool.  Those are the other 2 pools that I am aware of I don't know if there are others or not.

If you have a cruise that uses the "new" cruise planner, go ahead and load a Soda or any other package into your cart then head to check out (you can remove the package there if you really don't want it like i just did).  At checkout you will see a line item for the gratuity charge.

I tried to load one but we already have the soda package so it wouldn't let me get "another one" and I didn't want to try with the other packages cuz I was only curious about the soda.

But that makes a lot of sense. I  guess I never really thought about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...