Royal Up: Submitted?

9 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Mine also says Submitted, however, if I click on the amount I can still modify or cancel.

Same for me. Just checked after reading this thread. Harmony 31 July sailing.

I think it's a terminology change because the word pending implied you could have "won" the ability to pay more. Submitted is more exact.

Edited by Neesa
Added thought

My current Royal Up bids have also changed from "Pending" to "Submitted".

I'm wondering if they've changed the terminology to avoid issues with guests thinking their bids are being accepted when they have not.

The word "Pending" may tend to imply that your bid is accepted and you're waiting for a cabin assignment while "Submitted" would only imply that you have bid on an upgrade.

10 hours ago, Bowen said:

I take it if you cannot submit a bid at all it either means the sailing is full, or they just don't have any rooms better than yours? Mine just comes up with "be sure your sailing is within 30 days". 

Good luck, btw!

Some bookings don't qualify for RoyalUp. Travel Agencies can opt-out. I think Costco does, for example.  

Available inventory doesn't have anything to do with it. They can still make money on last minute cancellations by taking bids for room categories that are fully booked.

23 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Some bookings don't qualify for RoyalUp. Travel Agencies can opt-out. I think Costco does, for example.  

Available inventory doesn't have anything to do with it. They can still make money on last minute cancellations by taking bids for room categories that are fully booked.

Does Royal allow you to move up a category, if it is available, when you first board by checking with guest services? Or is Royal Up the only way?

10 minutes ago, LovetoCruise87 said:

Does Royal allow you to move up a category, if it is available, when you first board by checking with guest services? Or it Royal Up the only way?

Doesn't hurt to ask at Guest Services! Currently one of our group on Mariner asked when he boarded and got moved. Another family asked because their kids weren't comfy on the couch and they were able to get a second room. Not sure how much $ either were, but you'll never know if you don't ask.

13 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Doesn't hurt to ask at Guest Services! Currently one of our group on Mariner asked when he boarded and got moved. Another family asked because their kids weren't comfy on the couch and they were able to get a second room. Not sure how much $ either were, but you'll never know if you don't ask.

Thank you for the information, I appreciate it!

3 hours ago, LovetoCruise87 said:

Does Royal allow you to move up a category, if it is available, when you first board by checking with guest services? Or is Royal Up the only way?

I've had no luck.  
I asked on Oasis, back when it was sailing at reduced capacity and Guest Services hardly let me finish my sentence and the answer was no.
I sailed on Oasis in June and asked the Loyalty Ambassador, because it is still listed as a perk for Diamond Plus, and she said because of the Royal Up program and the ship currently being at a fuller capacity they no longer offered that.   I told her of my request back in the fall and she said I should have seen her.  It's another case of Royal not knowing what one hand says, or following policy, or whatever.  Based on the above stories it can't hurt to try.

I did meet a woman on one of my sailings that discovered her fiancé had cheated on her and she went to guest services to ask for a different cabin and she was immediately moved, security and all to help her. Glad they had a cabin for her to move to!

On 7/20/2022 at 2:46 PM, Juanito said:

Hello I’m going on mariner of the seas in 10 days and all my bids went from pending to submitted didn’t know if it was a good thing or bad thing. On some of my bids i can’t modify the pricing and some i can. Anyone else have that experience? 

Mine is same only one cabin I can modify bid the others can not be modified all are in submitted status. There is availability on most of cabins on board.