Bringing Food Onboard from a Port (Orlando)

Here's a question my family just asked me.  We are traveling on the Oasis of the Seas where the first port is a US Port, Port Canaveral.

We are driving to Disney Springs for a few hours (Yes I know it's 90 minutes each way).

My niece wants to get a cake and cookies from the shops at Disney Springs.  Will she be allowed to bring this onboard?

I remember being allowed to bring Rum Cakes onboard for past cruises.  And I know Fruits and Vegetables are not allowed.

Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

If the package is sealed, like a bag of cookies from the store, you shouldn't have a problem.   Put it in your carry-on when you re-board.  I've never tried something open, like a bag of pastries from a bakery.

Thank you.  Yes in this instance, this would be baked that day and not a packaged product.

52 minutes ago, DisneyWorld30th said:

Thank you.  Yes in this instance, this would be baked that day and not a packaged product.

I was on Anthem of the Seas once in Boston, and the port security was confiscating boxes of cannoli's that people were bringing back from various bakeries and claiming that Royal wouldn't let you on the ship with them.

I saw someone make it into the terminal at Port Canaveral with a bag of tortilla chips and salsa, crack them open while waiting (at 10:45-11A) and proceed to have the family come and partake in the feast.  If its sealed and doesn't set off the detectors, I'm sure you can make it on with it.