Casita rental

ScottD

Looking at the Casita rental. Are they worth it? Seems like it would be nice to have a "home base" for the day at the pool. Do you only need to reserve for one member of your party? Seems reasonable that way..but when i check a three of us, it's a bit pricy! 

1 hour ago, YellowBrickRoad said:

You can go the first day if you want to choose it for any other day. They will put you on the list and you can pick which one you want. 

Great. Thank you. We have one reserved for a January cruise. We went ahead and reserved early with the knowledge that we could cancel if others felt it wasn't worth it. We are happy to know you enjoyed it and the ability to reserve in advance.  

19 hours ago, Jersey Judie said:

how early did you have togo choose the casita? Was there a line?

I went the second day around 9ish on the cruise because I didn’t realize you could pick first day you are on the ship.
 For the Oasis, it was on the 16th floor (there is a sign) I saw the person with a clipboard and told him I had the 4th day. He said you could pick now and showed me by numbers, what was still available. We walked to some of them. I chose the one that was next to Lime & Coconut fir the bar and was not too close to the slides for less noise. There are 4 bottles of water on ice, and a button that can reach attendant by their Watch. They will write your names on a chalkboard in case someone else try’s to use it when you are not there. (It happens, as many did not know it’s by reservation) The attendant brought us fruit about a few hours in, which was a nice touch.  We ended up using it all day. For us, it was worth having a nice area to lay without searching for chairs like the other days. 
Many had already picked first day so recommend doing that. When we went, 4 people in front of us. 

59 minutes ago, YellowBrickRoad said:

I went the second day around 9ish on the cruise because I didn’t realize you could pick first day you are on the ship.
 For the Oasis, it was on the 16th floor (there is a sign) I saw the person with a clipboard and told him I had the 4th day. He said you could pick now and showed me by numbers, what was still available. We walked to some of them. I chose the one that was next to Lime & Coconut fir the bar and was not too close to the slides for less noise. There are 4 bottles of water on ice, and a button that can reach attendant by their Watch. They will write your names on a chalkboard in case someone else try’s to use it when you are not there. (It happens, as many did not know it’s by reservation) The attendant brought us fruit about a few hours in, which was a nice touch.  We ended up using it all day. For us, it was worth having a nice area to lay without searching for chairs like the other days. 
Many had already picked first day so recommend doing that. When we went, 4 people in front of us. 

Thank you

3 hours ago, YellowBrickRoad said:

We will be on Oasis. Which number was your Casita. Did you find you got some Sun shade or was is pretty sunny.

4 hours ago, Scott Dalfonso said:

Thank you...this sounds perfect. We have a little guy with us so it'll be nice to have a set spot for him to find us and relax. 

That’s why we did it. My son does not like the sun on him too much so we thought this would be a good idea. Since it was three of us, my husband took the pool chair lounge next to us. We also had a chair inside if we needed it. 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Angel Mann said:

Does anyone know if there are any casitas near the Solarium (on any of the ships) or are they all over on the family side? We don't have young children and much prefer the Solarium but weren't ever able to find chairs on our last cruise on Independence. 

I don't recall ever seeing casitas in the solarium. 

On 3/5/2023 at 6:26 AM, Angel Mann said:

Does anyone know if there are any casitas near the Solarium (on any of the ships) or are they all over on the family side? We don't have young children and much prefer the Solarium but weren't ever able to find chairs on our last cruise on Independence. 

From watching videos on Freedom and experience on Odyssey, there are no casitas near the adult pool area. They're only around the main pool/main pool sundeck.