Euro Exchange rate

cruisellama

3 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Technically it's not below the dollar. It is more like a dollar is worth 2 cent less in euros. This is a good rate as they are almost equal.

Last time I was in Europe, 2018, a dollar was only worth 77 cent in Euros and 59 cent in British pounds.

Yes, its been sliding for a while.  It was 1 to 1.08 US when we visited Europe in June.   Surprised when I looked at it today.

Where do you guys get Euros for Mediterranean cruises? Should I get it exchanged at home (San Diego) or at my arrival airport (Athens)? I've read that banks don't have great exchange rates, do you use a business specific to monetary exchanges?

2 hours ago, DDaley said:

Where do you guys get Euros for Mediterranean cruises? Should I get it exchanged at home (San Diego) or at my arrival airport (Athens)? I've read that banks don't have great exchange rates, do you use a business specific to monetary exchanges?

The airport also doesn't have good exchange rates either. I had bad exchange rates at Cairo, Heathrow and Rome. But I have used banks in those places and paid no fees. I normally get it at the hotels I stay in, they usually have ATMs.