First Time Cruiser Questions

Hi All! First time cruiser here, going on a 4 night cruise on The Navigator of the Seas ship next month! Was wondering if you could help me with a few questions I wasn't able to find the answers for here on the forums:

- Which activities on the ship require advance reservations?

- Which evening entertainment options require advance reservations?

- Do we need to arrive early to any of the evening entertainment options, if reservations aren't available (aka, will they "sell-out"/reach capacity)? 

46 minutes ago, ShugrGrl55 said:

Hi All! First time cruiser here, going on a 4 night cruise on The Navigator of the Seas ship next month! Was wondering if you could help me with a few questions I wasn't able to find the answers for here on the forums:

- Do we need to arrive early to any of the evening entertainment options, if reservations aren't available (aka, will they "sell-out"/reach capacity)? 

You will be able to reserve any shows when you get on the ship and connect to Wi-Fi. Navigator, even before the restart, didn't allow you to pre-reserve any activities that aren't paid. I.e if they have escape rooms and such, which cost and can be booked and scheduled. If you want a good seat, then arriving 30-45min before the starting time will ensure you have a seat.

Just got off Mariner of the Seas which is essentially identical to Navigator. Full Capacity, very crowded. No reservations available for anything. Theater shows were no problem. Always seats available. Game shows, Bingo, live music I’d plan on arriving an hour early if you want a seat. Solarium chairs were gone by 630am, main pool by 830am. 

1 hour ago, ShugrGrl55 said:

I would recommend reserve all show and arrive 30 mins before show time to get a good seat.  You can do all your reservation on your Royal apps once you get on the ship and connect to Wi-Fi.

50 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Navigator, even before the restart, didn't allow you to pre-reserve any activities that aren't paid. I.e if they have escape rooms and such, which cost and can be booked and scheduled.

So only activities that have an additional cost require reserving? I swore I had read that rock climbing and ice skating also required it. Did I misunderstand that?

We were on Explorer 3 weeks ago, same class as Navigator.  You don't make reservations for shows on that class of ship.  Even though the ship was at full capacity, finding a seat in the main theater was never an issue, especially if you get there 15-20 minutes prior.  The Ice Show was packed, not surprising given the small number of seats in Studio B.  Get there 30 minutes early.

Most game shows are in the Star Lounge.  You definitely need to get there at least 30 minutes prior.  The Love and Marriage show is in the main theater, you won't have an issue with seats.

Trivia is usually busy, many sessions are held in the Schooner Bar which has limited seating.  Also, with the Schooner Bar, if you have a good piano entertainer, one who gets the guests involved, it will be a challenge to find a seat.  Same goes with the Pub guitarist.

2 hours ago, ShugrGrl55 said:

Do you mean they weren't an option/required for any shows or activities? Or that they were, but all booked before you could grab a spot?

no option to reserve. via the app you can add a reminder to you calendar but all events were first come basis