Guarantee Room Assignment

BRY7

I've gotten my room number through the set sail pass hack. Anyone knows if its possible to request a change before the room number appears on the booking itself? Any chances of it changing before it appears? Its 21 days to the embarkation day. The location and deck given is quite bad in my honest opinion

11 minutes ago, Sharla said:

They have been very strict with the GTYs lately, you can't change your room once it's assigned.

How recently is this? My TA changed my GTY after it was officially assigned a few weeks ago. In the middle of that cruise right now.

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

How recently is this? My TA changed my GTY after it was officially assigned a few weeks ago. In the middle of that cruise right now.

It might depend on the ship and such but it's been harder and harder. 

My advice is always don't book GTY if you want an unobstructed view.

13 minutes ago, Sharla said:

It might depend on the ship and such but it's been harder and harder. 

My advice is always don't book GTY if you want an unobstructed view.

Gotcha. Good to know. The ability to switch has always been a nice feature of GTY’s.

Not concerned about the view as we book interiors, lol. We’re not picky and don’t care a ton about our cabin, mostly just wouldn’t want to be on deck 2/3 so it’s worth it to save the $ to us.

20 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Gotcha. Good to know. The ability to switch has always been a nice feature of GTY’s.

Not concerned about the view as we book interiors, lol. We’re not picky and don’t care a ton about our cabin, mostly just wouldn’t want to be on deck 2/3 so it’s worth it to save the $ to us.

Thats the exact thing I'm avoiding. Deck 3 on Navigator! Probably the worst one available. Anyway how late would they confirm the room? I mean I'm only 20 days from the cruise, seems rather late

1 hour ago, BRY7 said:

Thats the exact thing I'm avoiding. Deck 3 on Navigator! Probably the worst one available. Anyway how late would they confirm the room? I mean I'm only 20 days from the cruise, seems rather late

It can be anytime. On my current B2B I got my official assignments for each half 16 days out. It can technically be up until your sail date.

3 hours ago, candmfox said:

We sail in 5 days and we are still in GTY Interior room status. Not a big deal because stateroom is only good for about 3 things (😉) whereas there are a bazillion things to do outside of the cabin!

Mostly agree or else I wouldn’t book them but I do prefer getting my official assignment as early as possible so I at least have the chance to move if I want.

We would have been fine with the cabin we were originally assigned for the cruise I’m currently on but I moved us just to be closer to the areas we frequent & it’s just that much better.

On my last cruise,  I was happy with my interior,  until I got ready to board and saw they had upgraded me to a balcony.  Unless they put me in the engine room, based on my cost, I trust the judgment of RCCL. With that being said, does anyone know if there is some sort of algorithm they use to assign rooms. Is it based on payment,  how early you booked, or prior loyalty?

On 7/18/2022 at 8:40 AM, BRY7 said:

I've gotten my room number through the set sail pass hack. Anyone knows if its possible to request a change before the room number appears on the booking itself? Any chances of it changing before it appears? Its 21 days to the embarkation day. The location and deck given is quite bad in my honest opinion

Did you book through a TA or with Royal directly?  

If you booked through a TA I would call them and see if they can help you out.  TA's can be a very useful resource to have on your side in situations like this.  However if you booked through Royal directly I still suggest you call the worst they can say is no but they also could say yes and move you to a different cabin if one is available. 

7 hours ago, BRY7 said:

my room finally showed up. any advise if its easier to change the room by calling or at Guest Services immediately after boarding?

Definitely over the phone. Check your cruise to see if any cabins in your category are available ahead of time so you can be prepared.

I told my TA exactly what cabin to switch us to as soon as our GTY was assigned after checking for availability.