Uxmal or Chichen Itza from Progresso

Keds45

Hello again and this is my second post to this forum. Thanks for the helpful answers to my questions. I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this question so moderators please repost/delete as necessary.

My family will be sailing to Cozumel/Yucatan over the New Years Holiday.  Cozumel on Dec 31, Yucatan on Jan 1. We are hoping to be able to go to either Chitin Itza or Uxmal from Progresso but those shore excursions haven't been posted yet. I know i'm looking really early but I'm concerned they won't be running them as it will be New Years day.  Any insight into this?  

Thanks again-Katie

You can keep checking, but Chichen Itza needs a certain amount of hours in port to appear.  

Minimum of 8 hours.  it takes 3 hours to get to and 3 hours back from.  The tour is about 90 minutes with a guide and about 30-45 minutes of free time.  The ferry was waiting for our bus to get us back to the ship.  The ship promptly left a few minutes after the group boarded.  It is a long day!

My family will be sailing to Cozumel/Yucatan over the New Years Holiday.  Cozumel on Dec 31, Yucatan on Jan 1. We are hoping to be able to go to either Chitin Itza or Uxmal from Progresso but those shore excursions haven't been posted yet. I know i'm looking really early but I'm concerned they won't be running them as it will be New Years day.  Any insight into this?  

Out of curiosity, what RC ship stops in Progresso?  I just booked a Carnival cruise specifically for the Progresso stop to visit Chichen Itza; I didn't know RC stopped there.