Radiance, cabins 8500 or 8502 for a family?

We just booked our first Alaska cruise on Radiance OTS in early August 23. ☺️

Had a hard time selecting cabins for us and a 3 and 11y old, but chose finally 8500 (Family oceanview or ultra spacious ocean view), which seems perfect.

I am only wondering, if the cabins 8502 or the 8002 - the same category, but side facing  provide more space or views?

Have you been in one of those?

Thanks,

Carotthat 

• Carotthat changed the title to Radiance, cabins 8500 or 8502 for a family?

I have never been in any of them, but as I look at the deck plan, 8500 as the front-facing cabin, and I would think it would give you a good view of both starboard and port sides.

I just did a quick Youtube search for radiance of seas 8500, 8502, and 8002.  The search returned many views of these cabins for Radiance or sister ships Brilliance and Serenade.  Here is a good one for Serenade of Seas (should be identical to Radiance) that features both forward facing and side facing cabins. 

The forward facing cabin seems to have two windows vs one window on side cabins.

Conventional thinking on the Alaska cruises (whether true or not) is that starboard side for northbound cruises and port side for southbound cruises are preferred, but front facing is probably very nice as well.  Basically, there are a lot of great views from the ship on the Alaska cruise and where ever you are, you will have something to look at. 

For what it is worth, a balcony room is very nice and might be able to suit your family needs.  If views from your cabin are important, there is no comparison between the balcony rooms and these ocean view rooms.  Balconies have superior views.