Hera Hotel, Athens, Greece

JLMoran

For anyone staying in Athens before or after a cruise, I’d like to add to the thousands of positive Trip Adviser reviews and highly recommend Hera Hotel as a fantastic place to stay.

The Hotel is a small, boutique style place without the boutique hotel pricing. We stayed for two nights, in two rooms (wife and I in one, our daughters in the other). Both rooms were nice and very clean, staff was great, and the price was phenomenal: €115 per night at time of booking, plus €31 in taxes and €12 in local taxes/fees.

For that, we got two large and comfortable beds in each room (ours were pushed together to make a king bed, though there was about a 4-inch gap between the mattresses). Our room had a  balcony large enough for two to sit on and enjoy coffee, with a view of the local downtown and a tub shower with a VERY high step-in. The girls’ room has a much smaller balcony, more decorative than functional, and a walk-in glass shower stall. The rooms are definitely varied.

But the biggest draw of this hotel is its location. It is a 2-minute straight walk to the Acropolis and its museum. It’s also on a road load with restaurants and shops, with many more in equally easy walking distance. All of them good, all of them reasonable even for being in the most touristy and busiest part of the city.

Only negative comment I have is that the night life around here gets loud and on a Friday night goes until 2:30 AM or slightly later. Not any fault of this place, though. That’s just Athens in general. Definitely look at staying here if you need to spend a couple days in Athens, and especially if any of that time will be spent exploring the Acropolis.

• 2 weeks later...

I so wish you'd gotten to stay before I booked my two singular night stays in Athens next month! I had been looking at Hera for the nice price but the Hotels.com photos really were not doing the property any favors. I ended up going with Niche Hotel Athens pre-cruise and Coco-Mat Hotel BC post which looks to be right next door to Hera! We'll see how we fare with the loud crowds. 

Hope you and your family had a great cruise!