Proof of Vaccination - Apple Health App

TSeev

So to keep my proof of vaccination card safe from being lost has anybody used their iPhone Apple Health App to show proof of vaccination? I live in Illinois and the Illinois Department of Public Health has made it easy to add it to the app as proof. It shows where it was administered, date it was administered, Lot Number and a few other details. Has anybody used this as an acceptable form of documentation? 

3 hours ago, Spang1974 said:

Just a heads up to anyone from across the pond: If departing from Southampton, they accept both the EU and UK digital certificates.

Really useful to know, thanks.

Do they also accept the negative test results saved on an NHS app?  Assuming done 48 hours before etc..

On 7/15/2022 at 5:06 PM, TSeev said:

So to keep my proof of vaccination card safe from being lost has anybody used their iPhone Apple Health App to show proof of vaccination?

You MUST have the physical card with you.

In order to keep our paper vaccine cards safe from being damaged or lost, as well as knowing exactly where they are, I purchased these vaccine card/passport holders.

https://www.amazon.com/Doulove-Passport-Vaccine-Holder-Leather/dp/B09BCT1M7K/ref=sr_1_5?crid=8HHA008VUT5&keywords=vaccine+card+passport+holder&qid=1658157116&sprefix=vaccine+card+pa%2Caps%2C90&sr=8-5

1 hour ago, djandyb said:

Really useful to know, thanks.

Do they also accept the negative test results saved on an NHS app?  Assuming done 48 hours before etc..

NO, your test results have be from the test centre that does the test. You have to have a supervised test to board. Supervised/administered in person or proctored by video. You cannot do an NHS test at home and use the results to board.

These aren't NHS tests but private ones you scan but looks like that isn't accepted either.

Now the issue is that we are flying into New York 2 days before so won't have time to get tested before we go.  Looks like have to literally risk flying across; get a test somewhere in New York and hope we aren't symptomless and a positive test result (or a false positive).

Seems like a bit of a farce but not much we can do...

Any US recommendations of places to get one done either in Manhattan or Staten Island?  I'm hoping they give all this up by September but it doesn't look promising; not sure why the cruise industry is singled out; something the CEO of RC did actually say in a speech recently!

On 7/18/2022 at 11:40 AM, djandyb said:

These aren't NHS tests but private ones you scan but looks like that isn't accepted either.

Now the issue is that we are flying into New York 2 days before so won't have time to get tested before we go.  Looks like have to literally risk flying across; get a test somewhere in New York and hope we aren't symptomless and a positive test result (or a false positive).

Seems like a bit of a farce but not much we can do...

Any US recommendations of places to get one done either in Manhattan or Staten Island?  I'm hoping they give all this up by September but it doesn't look promising; not sure why the cruise industry is singled out; something the CEO of RC did actually say in a speech recently!

1-if it were me I would test before leaving home, at least you know you are negative before you leave home. Of course you can be positive the day you get here-but then you won't have paid to get to NY for nothing.
2- You can try https://onpoint-testing.com/  they offer a virtual appointment for $15 using any of the FDA approved test kits (so I guess you buy some test kits when you get to NY).
3-Sept is a long way off, keeping fingers crossed the testing policy disappears.