Brilliance of the Seas Summer 2023

10 minutes ago, teddy said:

We just received the email about Voyager tonight.  We were booked on her for a Canada cruise out of Boston in October.   

Wait. 

I got confused. 

We are also booked on Voyager in march 2024. That’s what it’s talking about 

Ignore me

Just got same email about Enchantment - Now it's Brilliance.  I went to my cruise planner, still says Enchantment on first page, but then when you click into it, it says We're Disappointed Too, This Sailing has been canceled. 😳

Let's hope the cruise planner updates to reflect the new ship soon.  Wondering if many will cancel this totally and give me an option to get a better room/price. 

Im a bit disappointed that I won't get to be on the Vision class.  I have been on Jewel so assuming Brilliance is similar. 

19 hours ago, D Alt said:

Just got same email about Enchantment - Now it's Brilliance.  I went to my cruise planner, still says Enchantment on first page, but then when you click into it, it says We're Disappointed Too, This Sailing has been canceled. 😳

Let's hope the cruise planner updates to reflect the new ship soon.  Wondering if many will cancel this totally and give me an option to get a better room/price. 

Im a bit disappointed that I won't get to be on the Vision class.  I have been on Jewel so assuming Brilliance is similar. 

I'm in the same boat..though mirror image. Was on Brilliance now may end up on Enchantment. Deciding factor will be what best available category of stateroom Royal selects for us.  The letter we received states:

"While we're confident you'll have an amazing time onboard Enchantment and enjoy many of the same features as Brilliance offers, the stateroom you'll be re-booked in will be the best available stateroom but may be different than the original stateroom you reserved because Enchantment has less staterooms in that category. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused by this change."

15 minutes ago, michaelp1446 said:

I'm in the same boat..though mirror image. Was on Brilliance now may end up on Enchantment. Deciding factor will be what best available category of stateroom Royal selects for us.  The letter we received states:

"While we're confident you'll have an amazing time onboard Enchantment and enjoy many of the same features as Brilliance offers, the stateroom you'll be re-booked in will be the best available stateroom but may be different than the original stateroom you reserved because Enchantment has less staterooms in that category. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused by this change."

Yea cruise planner shows sailing as canceled. I assume what amenities I purchased will be refunded and i'll have to purchase again. I hope I still get same deals. 

1 hour ago, D Alt said:

Yea cruise planner shows sailing as canceled. I assume what amenities I purchased will be refunded and i'll have to purchase again. I hope I still get same deals. 

Yes, the letter states (near the bottom) "any cruise planner purchases will be canceled and refunded to original form of payment"

Hopefully you'll be able to get same deals. Will have to be patient waiting for "new" reservation to show up in cruise planner.

1 hour ago, michaelp1446 said:

Same for us.  6 on Brilliance from TPA canceled, looks like we'll change it to Enchantment if that ends up being the choice from TPA.

On 7/29/2022 at 6:33 PM, JustMeJoe said:

Same for us.  6 on Brilliance from TPA canceled, looks like we'll change it to Enchantment if that ends up being the choice from TPA.

Did a mock booking yesterday. Enchantment replacement cruises for Oct/Nov finally show on website. There are only GTY Suite and balcony available.

Current price for GTY is much higher than the 1 Br GS I booked a while ago. I'm afraid that since Enchantment has fewer 1 Br GS than Brilliance, the likelihood

of ending up in a lesser SR at the same price is high. With the current inflated price my original price protected rate is less than the lower category cabins.

Royal changed a 4nt cruise to a 3nt on us recently. our "price protected cruise" fare resulted in Royal raising fare for the 3nt so I ended up paying my original 4nt fare for a 3nt cruise.  I use a travel agent for all our cruises but no luck so far. 

Based on above, we are going to take option 2 and re-book a different cruise. I'm not going to incur the cost of International flights, hotel and cruise for a ship I'd rather not sail on in a room I didn't choose. Maybe will take the travel budget for this cruise and splurge on a CLS ...Deck 17 here we come!😃