Crown Loft Suite on Harmony

We are currently booked in a grand suite for our August 21 cruise on Harmony.  Toying with the idea of upgrading to a Crown Loft.  It's our first cruise in over 20 years, so we are looking to make it special.  I see that it would be a short walk to the lounge and dining room.  But I am wondering if there are any negatives to these rooms.  Seems like there of plenty of them un-booked.  Any opinions are appreciated.  Thank you.

We enjoyed the CLS on Harmony about a month ago.  Personally can not think of any issues really other than if you have issues with steps.  

Got it via Royal Up so didn’t get to pick the location and we had one overlooking the sports court/boardwalk.  We would typically pick a side/ocean view.  While we still would have preferred the side, the aft facing suites were not that bad.  Probably did decrease some of the time relaxing out on the deck.  Time out there was a little more people watching and we could sort of see the Aqua show.  May want to factor that (suite location) into your consideration points since you may not have as much freedom to choose.

I second the side/ocean view. The one negative is that the aft facing suites can be less peaceful, especially if you are on the basketball court side. I could hear the basketball bouncing around and the kids playing. Not a major deterrent, and less enjoyable if sitting out on the balcony. Plus, I enjoy looking out at the waves and water - part of the main reason I enjoy cruising. 

I noticed all the unbooked CLS for our April cruise on Harmony so had our TA check.  She was able to switch us for under $300 total from a GS.  Now I will never go back!  We loved the two bathrooms, the spacious feel of the room, and that the bedroom is upstairs, so there is no hallway on that level.  No one walking by to disturb sleep.  Also, the location cannot be beat.  

We had a side view, which I chose for all the reasons above.  Very quiet and lovely.  We especially enjoyed the balcony at night, with beautiful views of the stars.  I will say, it was shaded most of the day, so my visions of sunbathing there instead of on deck were dashed.  But it's such an easy walk over to the suite sun deck, I got over myself very quickly.

I think a lot of people just assume the CLS is much more expensive than the GS so don't look into booking it.  I would definitely upgrade if I were you.  The only downside is you will be spoiled for other cabins ever after!