Alaska 2024

I'm working on a trip for a group of friends and I who are looking to sail Alaska in 2024.  I was curious when the dates for 2023 were opened so I can have a sense when 2024 might open for booking.  I'm suggesting we do a Radiance northbound sailing and then do some touring into Alaska afterward.  I did this with my family and my parents back in 2015 and it was a fantastic trip.

2 hours ago, FoxboroCruiser said:

Same for Caribbean itineraries?  I’ve been checking almost daily for June 2024 cruises.  We want to try Oasis class, 7 nights out of a Florida port in June 2024 🚢⚓️🛟

Prior to Covid it would usually be between November and December of this year for 5/23-4/24 Caribbean cruises.

I am also planning an Alaskan cruise for the summer of 2024.  DW and DD1 have agreed.  DD2, DS1 and DS2 are excited. 

We will go to Denali and Seward for a week on our own.  Is Fairbanks worth flying into and visiting instead of Ancourage?  We will do the SB on Radiance of the Seas.

I do all of the heavy planning.  DW wont look at much until we are on the flight to Alaska (reality from past vacations).  I will need to get her attention for a few decisions before then.

DD1 is a special ed teacher so we need to confirm the weeks of the vacation and the cabin locations.  Are there anything else we need to decide before  booking in November?  I know I need to get DW's attention for booking excursions.  UGH.  In most of the ports we will divide up so we all have fun.  

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I hope no one is going to Alaska with Royal Caribbean May 9th 2024. Because they changed the itinerary took out sitka Alaska and added British Columbia at the end. Plus we're leaving from Vancouver not at 4:45 p.m. but the next morning. I don't know how they can do this but it's kind of stupid that eight nights in Alaska and you only get three nights.