Check-in Time: Ship Time or Local Time?

Hi Everyone,

We are taking Rhapsody on July 25 (I can't believe it.  We've been planning it for a year and it's almost here).  Anyway, we board in Athens (local time zone is GMT+2) and it finishes in Italy (GMT+1).  It appears (based on the app) that ship time is GMT+1 (e.g. Italy).  So, when we are quoted a check-in time, which time zone is used?

Thanks everyone!

43 minutes ago, baltodave said:

Hi Everyone,

We are taking Rhapsody on July 25 (I can't believe it.  We've been planning it for a year and it's almost here).  Anyway, we board in Athens (local time zone is GMT+2) and it finishes in Italy (GMT+1).  It appears (based on the app) that ship time is GMT+1 (e.g. Italy).  So, when we are quoted a check-in time, which time zone is used?

Thanks everyone!

Check in times should always be the local time of the embarkation port. In this case, Athens. 

2 hours ago, CruisingNewb said:

Don't use ship time.  Don't use your local time.  

It is the time zone where your port of embarkation is.  Ship time is where ever the ship is located at the time.  If your check in date occurs when the ship is out at sea, you will not be using the correct time zone/time.

But the app won't care if the ship is out to sea. The app will open check-in on the date of port departure. So, if Greece is 7+ hours ahead of OP's time, that's when check-in should open, give or take a minute/hour. 

23 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

But the app won't care if the ship is out to sea. The app will open check-in on the date of port departure. So, if Greece is 7+ hours ahead of OP's time, that's when check-in should open, give or take a minute/hour. 

Correct.  But the app does reveal real-time "ship time" according to where its at.  For instance, if check in date is Wednesday, and the ship is in another country with a different time zone, then ship time is different from the port time.  

So my answer was use embarkation port time, not ship time, not local time.

8 minutes ago, CruisingNewb said:

Correct.  But the app does reveal real-time "ship time" according to where its at.  For instance, if check in date is Wednesday, and the ship is in another country with a different time zone, then ship time is different from the port time.  

So my answer was use embarkation port time, not ship time, not local time.

Thanks everyone.  I had assumed check-in time was the local time (of the embarkation port) but wanted to make sure.