Royal up bid successful - Owners suite :)

We booked a JS on Adventure OTS in august for the 4day itinerary from Cape Liberty to Halifax.

Out of desperation with two kids with us, I bid to all higher suite categories, 3 out of 4 (with low bids though) were declined.

Last night, on T-25, my CC was charged and the eMail said, we got an Owners suite. Wow 🤗

Perfect for our family, large suite, low bid (160€ pp 😆)

Maybe you could help me with these questions:

- is there a room divider between the seating area and the queen bed?

- is the concierge club been crowded during happy hour in your experience?

- what about MDR food and room service? Would you recommend it?

- which specialty restaurant is serving breakfast - giovannis?

- what is the departure feature about?

Thanks,

Caro

• Carotthat changed the title to Royal up bid successful - Owners suite :)
2 hours ago, Carotthat said:

We booked a JS on Adventure OTS in august for the 4day itinerary from Cape Liberty to Halifax.

Out of desperation with two kids with us, I bid to all higher suite categories, 3 out of 4 (with low bids though) were declined.

Last night, on T-25, my CC was charged and the eMail said, we got an Owners suite. Wow 🤗

Thanks,

Caro

There is a partial divider with curtains on the sides. It gives visual privacy but not audio privacy!

I believe as a suite gust, you can have breakfast in Chops Grill.

On a side note!...I love Bavaria! I've been there multiple times. Garmisch being my favorite. 

My experience was on Adventure last August when sailing was at reduced capacity.  (30%)   The concierge lounge started happy hour at 4:30, 30 minutes earlier than the published 5:00 time.  The lounge was small, I never saw more than 15 people.  I imagine with the ship sailing at near full capacity, 3x the amount sailing last year, it would be at least 45 people during happy hour.

i do believe you’ll receive an email from the concierge prior to sailing  Keep an eye on your inbox.   Enjoy the cabin!

@Carotthat  We were just on the Mariner at capacity the concierge lounge was standing room only by about 1715. If you would like to enjoy this amenity I would suggest going to the lounge a little before 1700 and grab a seat. Then hit the buffet snacks for your little appetizer first. The drink servers come from the bar next door but if you are early our concierge Dudley pointed us out to the server as to where to start the drink orders. When we arrived after 1730 for sure we just left, I believe Mariner is a sister of Adventure so the same set up. 

Room service for breakfast (you can order from the MDR) was fantastic when we had it, the MDR food was okay (we didn't hate it) check out the menus on your app before the sailing) what we don't enjoy is the noise and the constant franticness of the MDR. We had amazing servers though, even with your own table you are practically in the next parties lap. 

Enjoy your sailing and congratulations on your Royal Up! We have a loosing streak going 26 bids zero chances to pay more! Oh well, I may be unlucky in RUB but I am blessed in life! Have the absolute best time, but beware you will love the bigger cabin, that's for sure! 

6 hours ago, Carotthat said:

Thanks,

Caro

Awesome! Congrats!

I know when we went Star Class on Harmony Giovannis did serve breakfast and it was very good.  We've only tried to use the Concierge Club once (pre COVID) and it was packed, so we didn't go back. We ordered room service through the MDR a couple of night and it was very good, not as hot of course, but still excellent. If that's not what you meant, then ignore me. 🙂 Have fun!

7 hours ago, Carotthat said:

what about MDR food and room service? Would you recommend it?

This is my favorite suite perk, to be honest! Order about 40 min before you think you'd like to eat. Also, the room service phone answerers these days may get confused, thinking you can only get MDR delivered if you're in quarantine, but just gently remind them you're in a suite and they'll remember.

26 minutes ago, Bowen said:

Awesome! Congrats!

I know when we went Star Class on Harmony Giovannis did serve breakfast and it was very good.  We've only tried to use the Concierge Club once (pre COVID) and it was packed, so we didn't go back. We ordered room service through the MDR a couple of night and it was very good, not as hot of course, but still excellent. If that's not what you meant, then ignore me. 🙂 Have fun!

And I think I was mixing up Harmony and Explorer. We did Explorer in 2019 in a suite and ate breakfast at Giovannis. On Harmony is was Star Class and Coastal Kitchen.

Folks,

thanks so much for all your input. We are quite crazy already now about the suite 😊

The only topic not yet resolved is the departure feature...

As we are having a very late flight back from EWR. any more time provided on the ship would be great.

Departing was smooth but early. We were given a time of 0800 to be out of our cabin via a stateroom letter, stating extra cleaning for next guest. Our concierge advised suite guests to meet at Schooner bar and he walked everyone off in a group, this was completed swifty and smoothly. You may be able to linger on the ship a bit longer enjoying breakfast and then leaving on your own but they want everyone off so they can clear the ship to start boarding the next group. Check for day passes to enjoy close by if your flight is a late one. 

4 hours ago, Carotthat said:

Folks,

thanks so much for all your input. We are quite crazy already now about the suite 😊

The only topic not yet resolved is the departure feature...

As we are having a very late flight back from EWR. any more time provided on the ship would be great.

I can't help with this as we always choose to walk off the ship with our luggage. We did not use the feature, but I do remember that if we wanted to use it then we couldn't be first off the ship since the Genie (we had the guy you always see in the pictures, which was super fun!) was the one arranging to have our luggage taken down. We just let him know that we'd be walking off instead. I will say that anytime we didn't use him for something I honest to goodness think we hurt his feelings a bit, lol. I got the room because it was a two bedroom aqua theater suite and I just thought it was awesome, I knew we weren't really going to use the Genie, but once we met him on board I tried to use him because he'd always come by and talk to us about all the things he could provide. We did end up having him get us seats to the shows, and that was really convenient. Oh, when you board, be sure you don't walk on with your luggage (we're also those people), that bothered the Genie a lot as well. He wants to DO IT for you, ha ha. You're going to have so much fun!

@Carotthat Yes, for example the Marriott  Hyatt on site at the Orlando Airport offers a day pass. You can enjoy a secure place for your belongings, their pool, gym and restaurants basically the amenities of the hotel without staying the night. Where are you flying home from? Look around the area or on airport property for something of that nature. Happy Sailing!

@Carotthat I checked the Marriott at the Newark Airport and they dont have day passes that I could find. I personally would book the cheapest room available and leisurely check in early. They will at least secure your luggage for you. Maybe Uber to the Statue of Liberty for some morning hours and then return to hotel for a nap and refreshing shower and some food before your late flight. Tell them your staying for the kids, maybe they give you the room super early. If so just chill there. Tell them you aren't even staying the night. You can walk or take the hotels shuttle to your terminal. Good Luck!

On 7/15/2022 at 6:00 AM, Jersey Judie said:

On a side note!...I love Bavaria! I've been there multiple times. Garmisch being my favorite. 

Yep, we lived in Vilseck, which is near Grafenwoehr for 3 years.  Garmish along with Berchtesgaden and Chiemsee are some of my favorite places to visit.  We live another 3 years in another part of Germany, but it wasn't in Bavaria.  I love the Bavarian Ratsherrnschnitzel and Spaetzle. Not to mention the bier, the hefeweizen.  

• 2 weeks later...

I checked both Marriott Properties, and also the other hotels in airport vicinity. Prices tend to go up 🙄

Does anybody maybe have an idea about a company doing a Manhattan sightseeing trip and afterwards dropping of at the airport?

Like the excursion royal offers, but cheaper?