Most crowded time at Port Everglades?

enjoylife5

I see many ask about the best time to arrive and avoiding traffic at Port Everglades, but I am curious, what is the WORST time to arrive? Is there a time frame that is typically most crowded and should be avoided there,  or at any of the ports for that matter? 

BTW love, love, love this blog and the periscopes. It has been so educational and helpful in planning my trips!

In terms of local vehicle traffic it's pretty standard in Ft Lauderdale - weekdays 0730-0930 and 1700-1900.

Now, if you're asking when the worst time is to arrive for your cruise, then I'd say, for a standard departure time (late afternoon) somewhere around the 1pm marker seems to be the busiest time.  That in mind, if you're on a smaller ship it's not as big of a concern, and largely, cruise lines have tuned these processes in a way that long lines are a thing of the past.

We are planning on arriving around 10:30 am also. My son-n-law will drop all of us off with the luggage, then return our van to Hertz. Will it take him very long to get the shuttle back or is it close enough for him to walk back?

Not likely if he's traveling solo and without luggage.

I can tell you from personal experience that showing up, like really early and  camping out at the port after you have parked your car,  like if you're going  for tickets to a ZZ Top, Greatfull Dead or the Stones concert  will not work. Port Security has issues.......just saying......

I can tell you from personal experience that showing up, like really early and  camping out at the port after you have parked your car,  like if you're going  for tickets to a ZZ Top, Greatfull Dead or the Stones concert  will not work. Port Security has issues.......just saying......

Wow!  You really aged yourself with those references.  ;)

BTW, there were no problems getting Billy Joel tickets on New Year's Eve in FLL before our Allure cruise.  Just sayin!  The Taylor Swift tickets were a little harder to get. :lol: