Where did you get your rapid test?

I don't want to make a mistake when it comes to getting my rapid test. I contacted CVS, but they charge almost $200 and they only do PCR tests. My local CityMD will put it through insurance and they will provide paperwork for the cruise line. What made me nervous is that they said that I have to check with the cruise line to make sure they put the required information on the report. How the heck am I supposed to know?

Is there a sample report with the info needed by RCL?

Citymed should be fine.

some CVS do rapid, I’ve used the one in Bronxville, (New Rochelle) and if you answer the 1st 2 questions during registration (unable to maintain social distancing, have been exposed to Covid-) and don’t select “see a medical person/minute clinic visit (or whatever)) it would be free.  If you use their site and answer no to those first 2 questions I believe that’s when you see “this visit is not covered and  the cost will be “$138”

you can order tests through Emed.com included  in the cost is 24hour proctored appt no appointment needed (I’ve used them numerous times)

You could  use on point testing, use your own FDA approved test kit and schedule a proctored virtual appointment for $15. https://onpoint-testing.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIspOn-rfy-AIVuCqzAB3B0wuHEAAYAiAAEgIjZ_D_BwE

I contacted my insurance company and they said something interesting.

As of tomorrow, you don't have free blanket coverage for COVID19 testing. They might extend it, but it's ending today as far as she knows.

You might get charged differently if you are being tested for travel vs. being tested if you have symptoms currently. If they do extend the coverage, you won't get charged if you get tested for symptoms, but would for travel. It's how it's coded by the healthcare provider. I'm not sure the results would be different, so use this information any way you see fit.

If you live in the U.S. go to https://special.usps.com/testkits and get your FREE COVID test kits for each member of your family, again for "FREE", then get an account at https://onpoint-testing.com/product/certified-teleservice-covid-testing/ pay $14.99 for each appointment and your done, except for the actual testing and getting the results.  

Easy Peasy!

18 minutes ago, Moby Dick said:

If you live in the U.S. go to https://special.usps.com/testkits and get your FREE COVID test kits for each member of your family, again for "FREE", then get an account at https://onpoint-testing.com/product/certified-teleservice-covid-testing/ pay $14.99 for each appointment and your done, except for the actual testing and getting the results.  

Easy Peasy!

I know that's acceptable for RCL, but I'd rather have something on paper than just electronic.

9 minutes ago, Sizzlechest said:

I know that's acceptable for RCL, but I'd rather have something on paper than just electronic.

Can't speak to Onpoint (although I would think they have something similar) but when you do a test through emed, you get an email from them that has your test results that you can print out. 

32 minutes ago, JC Pats said:

Can't speak to Onpoint (although I would think they have something similar) but when you do a test through emed, you get an email from them that has your test results that you can print out. 

This.

We did eMed, had the email and PDF within minutes, printed it and brought it with us.

2 hours ago, Sizzlechest said:

I contacted my insurance company and they said something interesting.

As of tomorrow, you don't have free blanket coverage for COVID19 testing. They might extend it, but it's ending today as far as she knows.

You might get charged differently if you are being tested for travel vs. being tested if you have symptoms currently. If they do extend the coverage, you won't get charged if you get tested for symptoms, but would for travel. It's how it's coded by the healthcare provider. I'm not sure the results would be different, so use this information any way you see fit.

My insurance company has been like that for a while….I’ve never used the word travel when I’ve tested. 

• 3 weeks later...

My insurance says I have coverage until the end of the emergency declaration, which is right now due to end 10/22/22, so I'll likely just check that I was exposed and get the tests that way if RCL doesn't end up letting unvaxxed take antigen.

We were wondering if our BCBS of Michigan would cover testing should it be needed.  Out of curiosity we wanted to see the process, we couldn't line up a non local test at a CVS at a specific date/time unless we submit all our insurance info in detail....and they said it may not be covered.  What a money grab the testing has been....billions $.