Unlimited Chefs Table

Langolier

Correction. It's included with a $49.99 surcharge.

The nice thing about the UDP is that you can eat at any specialty restaurant as many times as you want.  You can do lunch on a sea day at a specialty restaurant and have dinner at a different one (or the same one!).  You can throw in a mid-day snack at Playmakers.  It's a lot of food.  On some ships it includes the food at the English Pub (varies by ship).

On 7/15/2022 at 7:33 PM, Langolier said:

So, all restaurants are included, as many times as I want, no surcharge, other than Chefs Table?

Read the fine print of the UDP, Unlimited usually means:

• No charge to visit Chops, 150CP, Giovanni's, and Johnny Rockets and enjoy one app, one entrée, one dessert per visit (i've heard the app limits are flexible)
  • No charge to visit Izumi Sushi, enjoy up to $35 in food per visit. 
  • No charge to visit Playmakers, enjoy up to $20 in food per visit
  • No charge to visit Port Side BBQ and enjoy $20 in food per visit.
  • $10 surcharge to visit Izumi Hibachi
  • $50 surcharge to visit Chef's Table
  • Does not include "premium experiences", including menu items with surcharge (lobster at Chops, for instance), Taste of Royal, Holiday Celebration dinners, etc

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2022 at 9:27 AM, MattG said:

Read the fine print of the UDP, Unlimited usually means:

• No charge to visit Chops, 150CP, Giovanni's, and Johnny Rockets and enjoy one app, one entrée, one dessert per visit (i've heard the app limits are flexible)
  • No charge to visit Izumi Sushi, enjoy up to $35 in food per visit. 
  • No charge to visit Playmakers, enjoy up to $20 in food per visit
  • No charge to visit Port Side BBQ and enjoy $20 in food per visit.
  • $10 surcharge to visit Izumi Hibachi
  • $50 surcharge to visit Chef's Table
  • Does not include "premium experiences", including menu items with surcharge (lobster at Chops, for instance), Taste of Royal, Holiday Celebration dinners, etc

So with the UDP, you are telling me that when I visit Chops, I am stuck only getting 1 app, 1 entree, and 1 dessert? At Playmakers, I have to pay out of pocket once the amount of food I order exceeds $20? is that what I am reading?? (what is the point of an unlimited dining experience when I am tied to how much I order/eat?) In the main dining room, you can order to multiple entrees and appetizers and whatever you want. Not the case with specialty dining then?

8 hours ago, Bill Johnson said:

So with the UDP, you are telling me that when I visit Chops, I am stuck only getting 1 app, 1 entree, and 1 dessert? At Playmakers, I have to pay out of pocket once the amount of food I order exceeds $20? is that what I am reading?? (what is the point of an unlimited dining experience when I am tied to how much I order/eat?) In the main dining room, you can order to multiple entrees and appetizers and whatever you want. Not the case with specialty dining then?

That is exactly what you are reading.

The value is in the fact that if you were to pay for each of the speciality resturants for lunch and dinner each night of the curise it would cost you many more times the cost of the UDP. 

You could argue that the word 'unlimited' is misleading in you can't eat 'unlimited' food but I guess they would say you can make unlimited bookings at speciality resturants.

9 hours ago, Bill Johnson said:

So with the UDP, you are telling me that when I visit Chops, I am stuck only getting 1 app, 1 entree, and 1 dessert?

This is not limited to UDP - every specialty dining reservation is subject to the same restrictions, whether you pay "cash" or use a dining plan. 

At Playmakers, I have to pay out of pocket once the amount of food I order exceeds $20?

On UDP, yes. 

what is the point of an unlimited dining experience when I am tied to how much I order/eat?) In the main dining room, you can order to multiple entrees and appetizers and whatever you want. Not the case with specialty dining then?

It's about preparation and planning - Main Dining Room preps and cooks thousands of courses in advance, and that is baked into your cruise fare. If you want an elevated dining experience, both in service and quality of product, you pay an elevated price, and there's a different set of rules. If you don't like it, don't use it. 

All of that being said, @EmersonNZis correct - while UDP is not "unlimited food per seating", it certainly is "unlimited reservations" - you can go to Chops as many times as you like per day/evening if you want. I know people who eat dinner at Chops, then go to 150CP for dessert. You can go to Izumi, eat $35 of food, and walk away and come back 10 minutes later and eat another $35 of food. Same with Playmakers. 

If I paid out of pocket for each reservation I have on my upcoming Oasis sailing, i'd be paying $525. instead, I paid $167 for UDP. It's an incredible value.

1 hour ago, ellcee said:

I know I'm not the only person who's got more than one app and/or side before at Chops. I feel like they are pretty generous. I've never asked for another main before.

Nope. I usually ask for 3-4 sides and 2 apps and they always accommodate me. This as a solo cruiser, with others we have had a full table of food. 

11 hours ago, Bill Johnson said:

At Chops the 1 entree yes, to the other options no you can get multiple sides, apps and desserts. I can't see why you would pay out of pocket for Playmakers, $20 get you a lot of food. Plus, you can ask to close out the tab and start a new one. Most specialty places will allow you to order as much as you want within reason. But keep in mind that specialty food is often much richer, so you are satisfied. 

The unlimited dining plan is always a steal if you don't want to dine in the MDR and the class of ship has at least 5 specialty restaurants and/either Playmakers or Johhny Rockets. 

12 hours ago, Bill Johnson said:

As others have said, it's generally only the entrees that are limited to 1 but it doesn't matter.  Those restrictions are per visit and per person with the plan.  So if you personally can eat $20 worth of food from Playmakers (without sharing with anyone) and are still hungry, then yes you could pay for more.  But it would make way more sense to get up from the table, "leave", and come right back and open a new tab.  You can visit Playmakers and get a $20 credit as many times as you want so long as they have available tables.  That's the unlimited part of the plan - unlimited visits.  There is a limit to how much you can eat in one sitting and that limit is both personal (your stomach will obviously get full eventually) and physical (you can't park yourself at the same table for 10 hours a day because that's not fair to everyone else).

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2022 at 10:49 PM, Bill Johnson said:

Typically, you can get as many apps, sides and desserts as you like. Most places, except Chops, will allow for another entree. Personally, I would rather have the one entree and go back another night so I can fully enjoy it and not be so full. But that is me. The unlimited part is that you can go as often as you like. You can start at Chops for lunch (on sea days), Jamie’s at 5pm for apps and pasta then back to Chops at 7pm for a juicy filet.