Pros and cons

Stelkp

Hi all. I’m on day 6 of my long awaited cruise on oasis of the seas from NJ to Bahamas. Here are my take homes-hope it helps a little. 

Pros: the service is amazing. Even with all these people the employees make you feel special and will accommodate all! Food is great in Izumi and Giovanni's. These are our only two specialty places we ate at.
Windjammer food is good but also crowded as expected. Costal kitchen breakfast is well worth it. Quiet and great service. 

I personally did not make my money worth with the drink package but I do not regret getting it. 

Cococay was our best day. The all aboard  time was changed from 4:30 to 6 so that was a nice surprise. we did the floating cabana and it was the best money I ever spent! I was lucky to split the cost with my sister. Hurts less that way lol. 

In Nassau we got resort pass for Margaritaville and it was fun.  

I’m in the owners suite. The suite lounge is our safe haven of quiet and relaxation. The ship is very crowded which I expected. It’s very noticeable when on the decks 15/16. The pools are insanely crowded including solarium. The trivia would be so fun if in a larger venue. We need to get to the venue literally one hour before to get a seat and still not available sometimes. We stopped going. So basically the Cons are due to crowds and I know….it’s a cruise. 

if anyone has any questions about specifics I’d be happy to help. 

18 minutes ago, USCG Teacher said:

Oddly specific (and honestly rather unimportant!) question: I see you're from NY, so I'm guessing it's a strong possibility you drove in.  If so, were you in the garage or the overflow lot?  Just curious more than anything.  Glad to hear that you're enjoying yourself!

I did drive but my husband dropped me off. We didn’t park-but I did notice the garage right next door was for handicapped only. Which wasn’t like that a few years ago. 🤷🏻‍♀️

50 minutes ago, Stelkp said:

Hi all. I’m on day 6 of my long awaited cruise on oasis of the seas from NJ to Bahamas. Here are my take homes-hope it helps a little. 

Pros: the service is amazing. Even with all these people the employees make you feel special and will accommodate all! Food is great in Izumi and Giovanni's. These are our only two specialty places we ate at.
Windjammer food is good but also crowded as expected. Costal kitchen breakfast is well worth it. Quiet and great service. 

I personally did not make my money worth with the drink package but I do not regret getting it. 

Cococay was our best day. The all aboard  time was changed from 4:30 to 6 so that was a nice surprise. we did the floating cabana and it was the best money I ever spent! I was lucky to split the cost with my sister. Hurts less that way lol. 

In Nassau we got resort pass for Margaritaville and it was fun.  

I’m in the owners suite. The suite lounge is our safe haven of quiet and relaxation. The ship is very crowded which I expected. It’s very noticeable when on the decks 15/16. The pools are insanely crowded including solarium. The trivia would be so fun if in a larger venue. We need to get to the venue literally one hour before to get a seat and still not available sometimes. We stopped going. So basically the Cons are due to crowds and I know….it’s a cruise. 

if anyone has any questions about specifics I’d be happy to help. 

I'm glad you are having a great time

Awesome.  I was on Oasis in May and felt the same way about the crowds.  We had a wonderful time, but it was impossible to get a deck chair on the pool deck and the pools were crowded.  Also agree about the trivia.  With a ship that big, trivia could have easily been done in the Music Hall or another larger venue. We didn't eat at any of the specialty restaurants, but were pretty happy with the food at Coastal Kitchen, MDR, El Loco Fresh, and the Windjammer.  We also loved the salad place in Central Park.