Charter cruise

Hello looking for some insight if I am being unreasonable.  My cruise for freedom in January has been chartered and if I change to a select few cruises I can get a whopping $50 cruise credit.  To be honest when they choose to cancel my vacation I would expect a bit more than $50 cruise credit.  Part of this is we planned a back to back so it messes up two cruises (not royals issue).  Has this happened to others?  What is the normal procedure?

16 minutes ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

I recently had a Navigator cruise chartered and was offered $100 OBC. 

If you had a B2B booked can you not move to either the week after or week before (depending which half of the B2B was chartered) to still have a B2B? They will usually price gaurantee to match your cancelled cruise.

Thanks for the reply!  The 100 would be a bit better haha.  The issue with moving to other side of the back to back is work schedule.  My wife needs to book time off way out.  

I had a canceled cruise due to a charter before, and it was 1 week of the B2B cruises.  I ended up just doing 1 week, and can't remember how much onboard credit I got, but think it was $50.  Messed up flights and everything else.  But not a lot you can do.   And this was canceled like a month before cruise, not a lot of notice.  I have had 2 cruises canceled due to charter in the  many years I have been cruising. 

On 7/13/2022 at 1:42 PM, chopper said:

Thanks for the reply!  The 100 would be a bit better haha.  The issue with moving to other side of the back to back is work schedule.  My wife needs to book time off way out.  

I have that same issue. My work is very flexible but my wife needs much more notice. Kind of annoying

On 7/14/2022 at 7:26 PM, chopper said:

We are going to get off first cruise in Miami and then found a second one leaving that day n Fort Lauderdale so will still do back to back just different cities.  With that change we don’t even get the $50…. Oh well I guess

Why do you not get the OBC? Because you didn't take one of their offered alternatives?

It has happened before.  When Mariner repositioned from Asia to the US some folks booked a series of cruises for the end to end journey.  Then Royal cancelled one in the middle.  Screwed up a bunch of folks.  

It particularly stinks when you have a series of cruises and one in the middle is cancelled.  

Often the only recourse is the refund option.  I've walked away from a number of charter cancellations with no OBC and a full refund.