Non RC excursions

We will be visiting Nassau next week and my wife was wondering if there is a way to find out about excursions that might be available but not through Royal Caribbean.  Most of the RC excursions she was interested in are sold out.  Personally I’m good just skipping an excursion and just checking out some shopping in town.

11 minutes ago, Meangreen said:

We will be visiting Nassau next week and my wife was wondering if there is a way to find out about excursions that might be available but not through Royal Caribbean.  Most of the RC excursions she was interested in are sold out.  Personally I’m good just skipping an excursion and just checking out some shopping in town.

Try TripAdvisor.

We stayed in Nassau prior to the restart when Royal was sidestepping the CDC by not touching the US  and sailing out of Nassau. In my opinion, that port had very little to offer by comparison to other ports . We did knock around town, dine at out our hotel at the colonial hilton and made the best of it. Perhaps it was the mid covid experience that soured us on the bahamas (freeport was even worse) but I found both ports as not worth the effort of getting off and rank them as the two worst ports RCl visits.  As a reference point, we find fun in most places, including Ensenada and Costa Maya, two ports that that don't receive high marks but we still enjoy them. I am intrigued by margaritaville, it wasn't open yet when we visited and we are going there next year. If I had grandkids with me we would have gone to Atlantis but I like that royal is exploring/investing in a bahamas private experience in Nassau to make it more marketable.

6 hours ago, Temeculaguy said:

We stayed in Nassau prior to the restart when Royal was sidestepping the CDC by not touching the US  and sailing out of Nassau. In my opinion, that port had very little to offer by comparison to other ports . We did knock around town, dine at out our hotel at the colonial hilton and made the best of it. Perhaps it was the mid covid experience that soured us on the bahamas (freeport was even worse) but I found both ports as not worth the effort of getting off and rank them as the two worst ports RCl visits.  As a reference point, we find fun in most places, including Ensenada and Costa Maya, two ports that that don't receive high marks but we still enjoy them. I am intrigued by margaritaville, it wasn't open yet when we visited and we are going there next year. If I had grandkids with me we would have gone to Atlantis but I like that royal is exploring/investing in a bahamas private experience in Nassau to make it more marketable.

I did the same and agree with your assessment.  I would add that it was expensive in general.  I will say that the beaches were nice, so I may do that if I were to stop there on a cruise.  

17 hours ago, Meangreen said:

We are there next week also and we decided to just do a little shopping and go to Margaritaville I think. 

Griff and Alyssa recommend:

ShoreExcursioneer.com and ShoreExcursionGroup.com

and we booked a resort day pass through Excursioneer for our trip this August. So far it was painless and I like that they only require a deposit upfront and have a great cancellation policy.

I can update more once I've completed the trip.

Suggestion:

Just remember, if you are NOT on an official RC tour and they run late the ship will not wait for you/your group.  Too many times I have seen dock runners, and I never planning on being one...

If it is not an RC tour you need to give yourself leeway for the "just in case", also make sure your watch/phone/time piece is on ships time and not local time, sometimes they do differ.

We did find an excursion outside of RC, but weren’t able to book it because the available times would put us outside the window the ship was at port.  Our plan is to get off the boat and shop a little then return to the ship and take advantage of the small crowds to do activities.