Covid Refund?

Eric G

My son came down with Covid on our cruise on day 3 of a 7 day cruise in June 2022 and was quarantined for the last 4 days.  it is my understanding that he is entitled to a FCC for day 4-7 of the cruise.  Does he have to apply for this FCC or will Royal provide this automatically to him?  If he has to apply what is the process?

12 minutes ago, USCG Teacher said:

Out of curiosity, did they move them to an isolation room, or did they isolate in their own cabin?

Deck 3 Ocean view cabins are typically where the quarantine takes place.  This is to make it convenient for the staff who has to bring them food, medicine and take out their trash.  No one enters the cabin, the nightstand is set up outside for all "transactions".   The area is typically blocked off so passengers cannot enter it.  

10 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

Deck 3 Ocean view cabins are typically where the quarantine takes place.  This is to make it convenient for the staff who has to bring them food, medicine and take out their trash.  No one enters the cabin, the nightstand is set up outside for all "transactions".   The area is typically blocked off so passengers cannot enter it.  

I know this is the policy and where it is supposed to happen, but I have also heard more than one report of guests requesting and being allowed to stay in their own cabins, which is what lead to the question...