Positive Experience with RapidTestAndTrace

Wife and I took our tests this morning and it could not have gone more smoothly. Before scheduling, I asked via live chat if we could both get monitored at the same time by one proctor even though you have to schedule two separate appointments. I was told absolutely, just let the proctor know. We did and it went just as I was told.

Prior to the appointment, they sent numerous reminders via e-mail and text with a link to the Microsoft Teams meeting. You don't have to download Teams if you don't want to though, simply click on "open in browser" after clicking the provided link.

We used free iHealth rapid antigen tests provided by the government (from our stockpile) but they will let you use any FDA approved test.

Our proctor (a registered nurse) was very friendly and professional. She double checked all our information and made sure to ask if we had any questions throughout the process. She also stayed online while she sent the PDF results via e-mail and had us go over the info to ensure it was all correct before ending the session.

Cost was $20 per person.

Just wanted to share my experience. I'm not trying to convince anyone to use this service. Everyone should use whatever testing method they feel comfortable with.

If you are interested, here's a link... https://rapidtestandtrace.com/product/observed-test-for-travel/

10 minutes ago, Moby Dick said:

Yes, we have one more, of a few, clear and concise answers to the ever lasting question.  Good job.  Now on to the second part of the question, how things go at the terminal.  

I have zero reason to believe there will be any issues at the port given how many reports I have read about others having already used them coupled with my personal experience of how little scrutiny was given to my last test (from Walgreens) on 5/29.

I can't promise I'll update after I board on Friday but you can assume that everything went smoothly if you don't hear from me.

8 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I have zero reason to believe there will be any issues at the port

Me either.  However, there are still those out there that have THEIR doubts.  I'm just happy to see positive clarification, one more time, from experience of this.  There is still muddy waters out there. 

I could have done the same if the employees at pier 91 in Seattle would have even asked to check my COVID documents.  But, they didn't.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

For anyone interested/concerned, as expected, no issues whatsoever at the port. They only look for name, DOB, & “negative.”

Got to PC around 10am with a 10:30 check-in time & sitting in the terminal in less than 15 minutes.

Yes!!!!  Good news and verification, again.

But, I sure hope that in the "NEAR" future none of this will be required anymore.  Ya right, dream on!

• 3 weeks later...

Every cruise, we have taken, since October has been the same. They look for a name, date and the word negative. They could have cared less if there was a QR code or if the paper was real or not. We did the $15 OnPoint and there was no problem.  Last week's boarding was a tad different. They barely even looked for the three pieces of information. Just wanted to see we had a piece of paper that mentioned a Covid test.

Agree! We have a reservation to use them in August, and a couple of things came up in the meantime I needed to ask questions about - they responded promptly every time, including to follow-up questions, within 30 minutes. Very friendly and very helpful. And great to be able to use kits that we already had at home.

5 hours ago, FrHoffard said:

How far in advance can you schedule the tests?  Our cruise isn't until October,  would rather book it now so it's 1 less thing to take care of later 

It was pretty far out if I recall, 1-2 months. They have a mock calendar on the site you can check without actually booking an appointment.

You may want to wait, however, as testing protocols are changing and for all we know you may not even need to test in October.

We are using the OnPoint testing for the first time Thursday for our Sunday sailing and hopefully it is as successful as some others have done. Thank goodness for the extra day for testing and will be holding RTT on Interweb speed dial if OP falls through. Have always used the eMed tests without any issue but we have a plethora of Gov't tests on hand and do not want to spend any more than we have to and are hoping that the testing requirement fades in the sunset soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to update on our experience even though only a few more weeks exist between now and the end of testing.

Short version: everything was good and there were no issues at embarkation.

Full story time:

My mom booked appointments for both of us; we used the iHealth tests (the orange and white box from USPS). My mom's went perfectly routine. I was "late" for mine due to traffic issues. I dialed in on time from my phone while still on my way home and the agent was okay to wait the 8 or so minutes for me to get in and get set up. The test process itself was simple - they walk you through the instructions so even if you've never used the test before they know what to do. 

At port the gate agents looked for name, date and negative. Not what kind of test or anything like that so there was no gold up there.

In all, it was great and easy and much kinder on the wallet than a Walgreens or doctor office.