Non-Alcohol Drink Package

Hello! 

We are traveling on radiance of the seas over Thanksgiving. There are four people in my family. One drinks two or three cocktails a day but everyone else is non-alcoholic. Is the non-alcoholic drink package worth it? I would assume each member of the family will have five non-alcoholic drinks per day. This is a five day cruise.

thank you!! 

Hi Jane Lee

I don't drink so I always get the refreshment package and I feel it is good value for money. I also get a coffee card so I can have the speciality coffees to wake me up!

With the refreshment package you get the freestyle cup for as many Cokes/Dr Peppers that you can manage (and a zillion other fizzy soda drink flavours), plus bottles of still or sparkling water and unlimited mocktails (virgin pina coladas etc).

Even on days where you are off the ship for a few hours it is very easy to have more than 5 or 6 drinks - you can grab a couple of bottles of water to take off with you if required.

My wife does like a drink but we pay as we go for her alcoholic drinks but do take on 2 bottles of wine at the start. If the pre-purchase shows 3 night dining package (usually on 6 day plus cruises) we usually book that which comes with 40% off bottles of wine (under $100) which you can move from restaurant to MDR if not finished.

Have a great trip. 

45 minutes ago, Bazza said:

Hi Jane Lee

I don't drink so I always get the refreshment package and I feel it is good value for money. I also get a coffee card so I can have the speciality coffees to wake me up!

With the refreshment package you get the freestyle cup for as many Cokes/Dr Peppers that you can manage (and a zillion other fizzy soda drink flavours), plus bottles of still or sparkling water and unlimited mocktails (virgin pina coladas etc).

Even on days where you are off the ship for a few hours it is very easy to have more than 5 or 6 drinks - you can grab a couple of bottles of water to take off with you if required.

My wife does like a drink but we pay as we go for her alcoholic drinks but do take on 2 bottles of wine at the start. If the pre-purchase shows 3 night dining package (usually on 6 day plus cruises) we usually book that which comes with 40% off bottles of wine (under $100) which you can move from restaurant to MDR if not finished.

Have a great trip. 

The refreshment package also includes all the specialty coffees you want.  Also fresh squeezed OJ which is probably the main reason I get that pkg!  The juice is awesome.  You do not need to purchase the coffee card when you have purchased the refreshment pkg.

12 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

The refreshment package also includes all the specialty coffees you want.  Also fresh squeezed OJ which is probably the main reason I get that pkg!  The juice is awesome.  You do not need to purchase the coffee card when you have purchased the refreshment pkg.

Sorry - you are correct - I buy it as wife does not have the refreshment package so we can both get coffees at same time - I should have been clear!! 😀

When the all inclusive beverages aren't included in my cruise cost, I get the refreshment package.  Well worth it.  I drink a lot sparkling water on a cruise.  We're not big coffee drinkers, maybe one cup in the AM, so we don't get it for coffee.  

My recommendation, buy the package now and keep an eye open for a sale of it between now and cruise day (or whatever the drop dead date is).  If the price gets lower, than buy the lower priced package and cancel the higher priced one, you'll get a refund in just a few day on your C.C.  It's easy peasy.