New Cruisers! Need information!

Hi all - first timers on here from the UK! 

We are travelling on the Navigator of the Seas in August this year and even though we've done loads of research we've seen your impressive forums and website and hope you guys can answer some of the smaller details that we can't find online.

I'm sure we'll have loads more but the first thing we wanted to understand is the way these sea passes work.....

We've booked the ultimate drinks packages and understand that this gets you any drink you like (is that right??) but do you swipe your card every time you get a drink? How does it work with the kids - is there someone there to know if they are getting a premium drink as a opposed to a "free" drink?

Or have we got it totally off track?

Any info about how swiping drinks and food would be great

-----

Another thing is is there a separate ironing service to the laundry service? Without an iron how can we make sure we don't all walk around with creased clothes?! If there is one any idea how much?

Thanks!

Hi all - first timers on here from the UK! 

We are travelling on the Navigator of the Seas in August this year and even though we've done loads of research we've seen your impressive forums and website and hope you guys can answer some of the smaller details that we can't find online.

I'm sure we'll have loads more but the first thing we wanted to understand is the way these sea passes work.....

We've booked the ultimate drinks packages and understand that this gets you any drink you like (is that right??) but do you swipe your card every time you get a drink? How does it work with the kids - is there someone there to know if they are getting a premium drink as a opposed to a "free" drink?

-----

Another thing is is there a separate ironing service to the laundry service? Without an iron how can we make sure we don't all walk around with creased clothes?! If there is one any idea how much?

Thanks!

Hi , i'm pretty sure that this gets you almost everything but i think there are limits such as $12.00 per item each time. With regard to your Sea Pass card you will have to give it to them each time you purchase a drink but they will know that you have the Ultimate Drinks Package , we haven't had the package ourselves but i'm sure that someone who has will iron out the small print for you  :).

Don't worry about the kids as even if they try they will not get any alcohol from any area but I would advise that you put a spending limit on their Sea Passes as they could get carried away in the shops and Video Arcades :lol: .

With regard to Ironing yes their is a service provided and it's quite cheap but to be honest you should't need it other than for suits or evening dress as most things will stay fine in your case and as there is plenty of storage space in you room any light creases should drop out.

Hope this helps :)  

-----

Thanks!

Welcome!

With the ultimate drink package, you can order pretty much any drink on the menu onboard your ship.  There are a few exceptions but otherwise all included.

You will go to order a drink and tell the waiter/bartender you have the ultimate drink package.  They will swipe your SeaPass card and it will confirm what you told them and you owe nothing more.  

They will swipe your card for every single drink.  You may only order one drink per person on the drink package at a time.

I'm not sure what you mean about kids because kids are too young for the alcohol packages  :P

Yes there is a service to just iron your clothes.  It's called having your clothes only pressed.  I forget how much exactly it is but just a few dollars per item.  Fairly nominal charge and better than wrinkly clothes!

Welcome!

With the ultimate drink package, you can order pretty much any drink on the menu onboard your ship.  There are a few exceptions but otherwise all included.

You will go to order a drink and tell the waiter/bartender you have the ultimate drink package.  They will swipe your SeaPass card and it will confirm what you told them and you owe nothing more.  

They will swipe your card for every single drink.  You may only order one drink per person on the drink package at a time.

I'm not sure what you mean about kids because kids are too young for the alcohol packages  :P

Yes there is a service to just iron your clothes.  It's called having your clothes only pressed.  I forget how much exactly it is but just a few dollars per item.  Fairly nominal charge and better than wrinkly clothes!

Hi Matt nice to meet you - been listening to your podcasts all day!! In the gym, driving, etc - fantastic!

I'm so confused about this drink package though - heard you podcast about the drinks package and you listed through the things that are not included in the package like canned drinks, bottled water, high end drinks etc. but RC state that what I've bought covers everything that is on board. We're not big drinkers, but when we do we like NICE drinks. So can I get this straight - if I order a double Remy Maarten brandy is that going to be included??

Or it says that all bottled water? Is that wrong or right?

I've paid best part of £800 for all four of us to drink so surely that would cover everything on board!!

Thanks!

Hi Matt nice to meet you - been listening to your podcasts all day!! In the gym, driving, etc - fantastic!

I'm so confused about this drink package though - heard you podcast about the drinks package and you listed through the things that are not included in the package like canned drinks, bottled water, high end drinks etc. but RC state that what I've bought covers everything that is on board. We're not big drinkers, but when we do we like NICE drinks. So can I get this straight - if I order a double Remy Maarten brandy is that going to be included??

Or it says that all bottled water? Is that wrong or right?

I've paid best part of £800 for all four of us to drink so surely that would cover everything on board!!

Thanks!

Sorry for the confusion. Very little is NOT included in the drinks package. The ultimate package does included bottled water.You may find this page helpful in seeing what is and what is not included: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/royal-caribbean-beverage-packages

Thank you for listening to the podcast!

Cool thanks - I've struggled with whether or not we could actually drink that much in a week but I think we'll leave it and just assess it for the future. I don't want to spend the whole holiday checking my bill every night and moaning at people who have spent a lot that day (which I will end up doing!)

As long as a cheeky brand night cap is included in the package I'm well happy!

Cool thanks - I've struggled with whether or not we could actually drink that much in a week but I think we'll leave it and just assess it for the future. I don't want to spend the whole holiday checking my bill every night and moaning at people who have spent a lot that day (which I will end up doing!)

As long as a cheeky brand night cap is included in the package I'm well happy!

That's essentially why I never do the drink package.  I don't think I can drink enough to make it worthwhile.  But that's just me

I would guess that one of the "perks" of the drink package is knowing that you'd already paid for it beforehand.  

If this is the goal but you also want to make certain you don't lose money, could you not get a prepaid debit card with the amount of the total drink package on it, and use that to pay off your bar tab?

(Idea blatantly stolen from countless episodes of WDW Today discussing the Disney Dining Plan.  Hopefully I won't have to pay Matt, Len, Mike, and Mike a tax for using their idea.)

I would guess that one of the "perks" of the drink package is knowing that you'd already paid for it beforehand.  

If this is the goal but you also want to make certain you don't lose money, could you not get a prepaid debit card with the amount of the total drink package on it, and use that to pay off your bar tab?

(Idea blatantly stolen from countless episodes of WDW Today discussing the Disney Dining Plan.  Hopefully I won't have to pay Matt, Len, Mike, and Mike a tax for using their idea.)

You definitely could have a pre-paid card and pay off your onboard account as you go.  Onboard, SeaPass is the only form of payment accepted so you can't pay directly with your prepaid card or with cash.  But you could pay off your bar tab at the end of the cruise with money you saved up for booze.