UDP on Wonder

Neaxan

Finally back from our vacation in Sweden, so the TA gets more real now. After not being too impressed with the MDR on the Symphony TA, we decided to purchase the UDP this time. Last time we had the 5 night dining package, so I'm a bit unsure how the UDP details work out. I know that I'll have to do all my dinner reservations once we board, especially with all these seasoned cruisers on the TA. But how does lunch on sea days (or on port days when a restaurant is open) work? Do we just show up or can you also do reservations for lunch? 

And a few UDP questions specific to Wonder (read conflicting info on a few of these so maybe someone who was on Wonder can chime in):

I guess brunch at Mason Jar is included in the UDP as it's more or less lunch? Can I make reservations for brunch?

The terms state For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you'll receive a $20 food credit.* But in the fine print it states For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $35 food credit, with the exception of Port Side BBQ and Playmakers which will be $20. So Izumi is still $35? Or isn't it a la carte anymore?

Are the Mason Jar bar menu or Giovanni's Wine Bar menu included?

Do they offer food in the pub? I was looking forward to trying poutine for the first time (we originally booked Odyssey) 😄

Looking forward to your input and thanks in advance!

On 7/12/2022 at 4:23 PM, Neaxan said:

Do we just show up or can you also do reservations for lunch? 

You can make reservations for lunch in the app just like you can for dinner.

I guess brunch at Mason Jar is included in the UDP as it's more or less lunch? Can I make reservations for brunch?

Yes, brunch is included. You SHOULD make reservations for brunch. Mason Jar is the newbie and seems to have the largest demand, so that's the one I'd make sure to grab a reservation for brunch and dinner at as soon as you board.  

So Izumi is still $35? Or isn't it a la carte anymore?

Izumi you get a $35 allowance per VISIT. You get $20 for Playmakers per VISIT.

Are the Mason Jar bar menu or Giovanni's Wine Bar menu included?

If you're talking about the small food menu, Mason Jar late night bar menu was included. I'd assume it has the $20 ala carte limit with the package. I'm not sure about the Giovanni's Wine Bar food menu. I know on other ships that have the tapas menu in Vintages, that's not included. There's no harm in asking, so if you do report back what they tell you!

Do they offer food in the pub? I was looking forward to trying poutine for the first time (we originally booked Odyssey) 

Nope. Oasis class ships do not have food in the Pub.

6 hours ago, Neaxan said:

Thank you so much Ashley! Guess this would be a cruise where a Genie is a godsend. Well, I'll just have to preplan and then start making reservations for entertainment and dining as soon as I have ship's WIFI. Getting really excited about this cruise 🙂 

We did have a Genie for our Wonder cruise, so we were able to experience it all.  Fortunately with a TA, you'll at leave have more days to hopefully get a chance to try everything. One tip for Mason Jar is that they will let you order food from the full menu at the bar during dining hours, so if you can't get a reservation you can still have a chance to try it.  Also there are some spiked milkshake dessert drinks that the Deluxe Beverage Package covers that are fun to try. A lot of folks miss out on those because they're on the dessert menu so you don't really see or think about them until after you are stuffed full of food!

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

We did have a Genie for our Wonder cruise, so we were able to experience it all.  Fortunately with a TA, you'll at leave have more days to hopefully get a chance to try everything. One tip for Mason Jar is that they will let you order food from the full menu at the bar during dining hours, so if you can't get a reservation you can still have a chance to try it.  Also there are some spiked milkshake dessert drinks that the Deluxe Beverage Package covers that are fun to try. A lot of folks miss out on those because they're on the dessert menu so you don't really see or think about them until after you are stuffed full of food!

Awesome tips, thank you! I'm a sucker for milk shakes, had no idea Mason Jar had some. We have the DBP for this sailing so we'll have to try those.

19 hours ago, Neaxan said:

Thanks for the information. Then I'll just have to pay for the fried lasagna I'm planning to try 🙂 

When you are dining in Giovannis you can always ask your server if you could get it.  Most servers will try and do whatever they can for you. I had asked for a cocktail that was not on the menu and they did get me the drink.  It was on the old menu but not on Wonder of the Seas Giovanni's menu anymore.