2 Royal Caribbean Ships Leaving Port Canaveral 30-Minutes Apart

I just noticed that the Mariner of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas are leaving out of Port Canaveral on 07/17/22 30-minutes apart (4:00pm MotS vs 4:30pm HotS), will this create a bottleneck at the terminal? I recently watched a video from May 2022 where there was a massive backup (1.5 hour wait) outside in the heat with only 4 RC employees checking documents before you are allowed in the terminal.

57 minutes ago, Chad Feavel said:

I just noticed that the Mariner of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas are leaving out of Port Canaveral on 07/17/22 30-minutes apart (4:00pm MotS vs 4:30pm HotS), will this create a bottleneck at the terminal? I recently watched a video from May 2022 where there was a massive backup (1.5 hour wait) outside in the heat with only 4 RC employees checking documents before you are allowed in the terminal.

I could be very wrong here but, I believe they use different terminals.  You may want to look that up.

29 minutes ago, Moby Dick said:

I could be very wrong here but, I believe they use different terminals.  You may want to look that up.

This is correct.

Mariner now exclusively uses terminal 5. Harmony and Indy use terminal 1 (and obviously never sail/arrive on the same day).

22 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I got that. The fact that they use two separate terminals alleviates any issue. Separate garages, separate buildings, etc.

Very very true.

But, that's not to say that there isn't going to be a cluster at terminal 1, as stated in the OP.  If I had a booking going out of Canaveral terminal 1 (and I don't know if 5 is any better) I'm glad I'm an elderly person in great shape.  

1 hour ago, Moby Dick said:

Very very true.

But, that's not to say that there isn't going to be a cluster at terminal 1, as stated in the OP.  If I had a booking going out of Canaveral terminal 1 (and I don't know if 5 is any better) I'm glad I'm an elderly person in great shape.  

I don’t know, we sailed out of terminal 1, and I am considered old and in good shape,  took 15 minutes tops from getting out of the car in the garage to sitting in the suites waiting area then another 20 or so to board.  People have reported issues but they doesn’t mean everyone has or will.

18 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

If Harmony leaves at 430 at 20 knots and Mariner leaves at 4 at 15 knots, how long before Harmony overtakes?

If I were an 8th grader, I could figure it out. Now, my eyes glaze over and I want a strong drink.

Just before 5:30!  Oops no like 5:45. 😁

13 minutes ago, Pooch said:

I don’t know, we sailed out of terminal 1, and I am considered old and in good shape,  took 15 minutes tops from getting out of the car in the garage to sitting in the suites waiting area then another 20 or so to board.  People have reported issues but they doesn’t mean everyone has or will.

That's good news, for sure.  I hope they have ironed out the previous problems.  

What time did you get there?  At the terminal, that is.

17 hours ago, JC Pats said:

Since @Matt and the gang will be on Mariner on Sunday, we could care less who leaves 1st.. as a matter of fact.. we won't even notice as we'll be doing shots to the phantastic toasting the grand voyage we are starting! #groupcruisetime

Could you really care less? Just curious?